Buying Advice KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #1  

BILLBURN

Tractor
KABOTA
I HAVE A KUBOTA 3400 HST - IT'S BEEN A GOOD TRACTOR JUST SLIGHTLY UNDERBUILT FOR WHAT I DO - MY FRIEND WANTED A TRACTOR FOR HIS ACREAGE AND I RELAYED MY THOUGHTS ON THE KUBOTA - AND RECOMMENDED A KOITI AS I FELT THEY WERE BUILT BETTER - WELL HE BOUGHT A CK20S HST - WITH 25 HRS ON THE MACHINE THE HYDRAULIC PUMP SEIZED UP - UNDER WARRANTY THE DEALER REPLACES THE PUMP - AT 80 HRS THE HYD PUMP SEIZES AGAIN - DEALER REPLACES PUMP TO THE TUNE OF 6800.00 $ AS THEY CLAIMED THE PUMP HAD DAMAGED OTHER PARTS IN THE ACT OF SEIZING - STILL UNDER WARRANTY -- NOW WITH 160 HRS ON THE MACHINE THE PUMP SEIZES ONCE MORE - EVEN BEING UNDER WARRANTY THIS SEEMS TO ME TO BE A REAL ISSUE WITH KOITI - HAS ANYONE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS????? - THE DEALERS REP THAT SHOWED UP THE ANALYZE THE PROBLEM SAID THAT THIS SERIES OF TRACTOR HAS A KNOWN MANUFACTURERS DEFECT IN THE PUMP - THEY KNOW ABOUT IT AND A WORKING ON A FIX - TILL THE FIX DOES COME FROM KOITI THEY JUST HAVE TO REPLACE PUMPS - I JUST CAN'T WRAP MY HEAD AROUND WHAT HAPPENS IF THE FIX DOES NOT COME AND THE WARRANTY RUNS OUT - OUCH WHAT A LEMON ANYONE THAT HAS HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM COULD YOU E-MAIL ME AT -
mooneyes53@gmail.com

Last edited:
   / KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #2  
:welcome: to TBN

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #3  
You may want to post something in the Kioti section here, but I haven't seen anybody talk about that issue with the smaller Kiotis. Oh, please STOP YELLING. ;)

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #4  
Yes please don't type in all caps. It makes it very difficult to read. I believe you typed your email address wrong too. Shouldn't it be gmail.com and not gmasil.com. Just didn't want anyone to have problems emailing you.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #5  
Are you talking about the hydraulic pump for running implements like a loader or the HST failing?

Does the pump make any noise during operation? I.e. growling, squealing, etc.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS
Hello oldnslo - thanks for the response - this model of koiti has a single pump i'm told and the pump just seized up solid - nothing goes - the engine runs but is labored - the squealing comes from within and nothing operates no hyd imps drive - nothing -- the hyd oil is burned - at one point the filler was removed and smoke poured out - immediate shut down and there it sits this is the third time this has happened - it seems to get about 50 hrs out of each pump - thank god for my friend , it's still on warrenty - it has taken the dealer four days to get approval from koiti canada to take it in to have repairs done - as of to-day that now stands at five days and numerous phone calls to find out what is going on with the approval - mit's enough to drive you around the bend - the only reason i'm involved is my friend is a recent immigrant from russia , he gets rather lost dealing with our system of warranties and dealers that like to take the money and then have you get lost

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #7  
Hello oldnslo - thanks for the response - this model of koiti has a single pump i'm told and the pump just seized up solid - nothing goes - the engine runs but is labored - the squealing comes from within and nothing operates no hyd imps drive - nothing -- the hyd oil is burned - at one point the filler was removed and smoke poured out - immediate shut down and there it sits this is the third time this has happened - it seems to get about 50 hrs out of each pump - thank god for my friend , it's still on warrenty - it has taken the dealer four days to get approval from koiti canada to take it in to have repairs done - as of to-day that now stands at five days and numerous phone calls to find out what is going on with the approval - mit's enough to drive you around the bend - the only reason i'm involved is my friend is a recent immigrant from russia , he gets rather lost dealing with our system of warranties and dealers that like to take the money and then have you get lost

Do they have lemon laws in Canada? If it's the third time, he might be able to return it for his purchase price, or at least get a completely new unit.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #8  
At this point I will be discussing with the dealer a trade for a different model that has no known manufacturers defects.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS
Thanks GMan -- I'll have to look into that - as i told the dealer - he really needs to do something for this guy as this is how a small dealer gets a bad name very quickly in a small community like ours - the dealer should press kioti canada to do something for this guy - i guess my next move is to go to the horses head and talk with the horse instead of the tail end and see if Kioti Canada is willing to do something - or i'll get up on my apple box and start shouting out to the world