? Did i buy right tractor

/ ? Did i buy right tractor #1  

aosmith

Tractor
john deere 5045D
Hello i am new to this site but really like it already. my ? is i have 30 acres and needed tractor for brushoging moving round bales and drive way maintenance
did little research on different tractors and went with the jd 5045d kinda wanted 4x4 but was about 4k moore and put me over budget . anyway i just seen were they have a branson 47hp 4x4 withquick disconnect loader for same price as what i gave for mine! so real ? is did i pay 4k more just for name or is the jd built better and last longer and resale better ? I just always heard good things about jd . but hate to miss out on other options over just name. but if this is a better tractor i dont mined paying moore . thanks.

/ ? Did i buy right tractor #2  
Welcome!

I believe Branson tractors are Korean and people who have them generally seem pleased; however dealers aren't as easy to come by and seem to turn over quickly.

Your 5045 is a **** for stout utility tractor, enjoy it and don't look back. It is a great machine and has a proven engine. You can get parts and support easily and pride of ownership is awesome.

/ ? Did i buy right tractor #3  
You'll just be be racking your brain if you start second guessing your decision. If you have good dealer support will more than make up for a $4000 price difference. Why are you worried about resale if you just bought it? The JD would likely have a higher resale down the road though.

/ ? Did i buy right tractor #4  
The 5045 is nice tractor - enjoy it and put it to work. You will soon realize you did alright and will stop second guessing yourself.

/ ? Did i buy right tractor
thanks alot i really do like this tractor has all the power i need for what i do and only time i got stuck pulled myself out with bucket. thanks again eveeryone.

/ ? Did i buy right tractor #6  
:welcome: to TBN!

There will always be a deal that sounds better than the one you just made. Think back to how you got to this stage. The research you did to decide on this tractor. Trust your gut...then go get that thing dirty! :cool2:

/ ? Did i buy right tractor #7  
What dusty3030 said!!! Read your owners manual and do the break in checks and oil changes as reccomended and you JD will outlive you. Radiator hose clamps, loader mount bolts and lug nuts need to be snugged up as things work themselves in but then your good to go.

/ ? Did i buy right tractor #9  
dusty's right.

Of course you didn't buy the RIGHT tractor, you bought the best for you at the time.

First of all you need another tractor, to pull that one out when it get's stuck! :)

Just like chainsaws it's very handy to have a second to get the first unstuck. I can't count the times I've gotten my bar "pinched" and either had to manually saw/chop it out or pick up my other saw and saw it out.

Also don't try and compare JD's with other brands. Just the resale value makes it stand out.

/ ? Did i buy right tractor #10  
I don't think you get much on resale. 4x4 is the most important feature for "most" people. Even when you don't primarily need it, it's always nice to have when the shtf