Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    john deere 5045D

Default ? Did i buy right tractor

Hello i am new to this site but really like it already. my ? is i have 30 acres and needed tractor for brushoging moving round bales and drive way maintenance
    did little research on different tractors and went with the jd 5045d kinda wanted 4x4 but was about 4k moore and put me over budget . anyway i just seen were they have a branson 47hp 4x4 withquick disconnect loader for same price as what i gave for mine! so real ? is did i pay 4k more just for name or is the jd built better and last longer and resale better ? I just always heard good things about jd . but hate to miss out on other options over just name. but if this is a better tractor i dont mined paying moore . thanks.

Tractor
    JD 4120, 400x loader, bucket, bale spear, pallet forks, grapple

Welcome!

I believe Branson tractors are Korean and people who have them generally seem pleased; however dealers aren't as easy to come by and seem to turn over quickly.

Your 5045 is a **** for stout utility tractor, enjoy it and don't look back. It is a great machine and has a proven engine. You can get parts and support easily and pride of ownership is awesome.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    MF 135

Default Re: ? Did i buy right tractor

You'll just be be racking your brain if you start second guessing your decision. If you have good dealer support will more than make up for a $4000 price difference. Why are you worried about resale if you just bought it? The JD would likely have a higher resale down the road though.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1710 Ford

The 5045 is nice tractor - enjoy it and put it to work. You will soon realize you did alright and will stop second guessing yourself.

Tractor
    john deere 5045D

thanks alot i really do like this tractor has all the power i need for what i do and only time i got stuck pulled myself out with bucket. thanks again eveeryone.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST Cab, Mechron 2200

to TBN!

There will always be a deal that sounds better than the one you just made. Think back to how you got to this stage. The research you did to decide on this tractor. Trust your gut...then go get that thing dirty!
    Rick

What dusty3030 said!!! Read your owners manual and do the break in checks and oil changes as reccomended and you JD will outlive you. Radiator hose clamps, loader mount bolts and lug nuts need to be snugged up as things work themselves in but then your good to go.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX1850

As others have said, don't look back, you have a great machine.

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

dusty's right.

Of course you didn't buy the RIGHT tractor, you bought the best for you at the time.

First of all you need another tractor, to pull that one out when it get's stuck!

Just like chainsaws it's very handy to have a second to get the first unstuck. I can't count the times I've gotten my bar "pinched" and either had to manually saw/chop it out or pick up my other saw and saw it out.

Also don't try and compare JD's with other brands. Just the resale value makes it stand out.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    2012 JD 3520 Cab 1996 JD LX172 1985 Wheel Horse

I don't think you get much on resale. 4x4 is the most important feature for "most" people. Even when you don't primarily need it, it's always nice to have when the shtf
    Tractorbynet.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast