KingKutter - Tarter - TSC?

/ KingKutter - Tarter - TSC? #1  

RunninOnEmpty

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I'm considering a 60" finish mower & thought about the KingKutter (CountyLine) at Tractor Supply. Thru my research it appears TSC will no longer carry KK, but going with Tarter (as far as finish mowers). Do I buy a KK mower thats in stock? Or wait until the Tarter line shows up at TSC? I'm not very familiar with Tarter but do like the design.

/ KingKutter - Tarter - TSC? #2  
i looked at one of those at my local tsc. it looks like a sturdy mower. the new rotary cutters on the other hand look to be made of really thin sheet metal. i don't think i would by one of those for much more than cutting down 12" tall field grass with no hidden dangers.

/ KingKutter - Tarter - TSC? #3  
The 60" KK finishing mower deck is suppose to be made out of heavy 3/16" deck material, which is heavier than a 7 gauge deck. It is suppose to be a good deck and should last a long time. Check out the video review of this mower from TED from EverythingAttechments.com - King Kutter Tractor Finishing Mower

/ KingKutter - Tarter - TSC? #4  
I just bought a KK 60" finish mower from my local Kubota dealer. I have mowed 7 acres with it three times and am very happy with it. I think I paid around $1650 for it. I stay away from TSC due to very cheap products, and no service personell if I have a problem.

/ KingKutter - Tarter - TSC? #5  
The 60" KK finishing mower deck is suppose to be made out of heavy 3/16" deck material, which is heavier than a 7 gauge deck.

3/16 and 7 gauge is the same thing, so i dont see how one would be heavier.

/ KingKutter - Tarter - TSC? #6  
3/16 and 7 gauge is the same thing, so i dont see how one would be heavier.

Yeah, you are right. 3/16 of an inch = .1875 inches which is 7 gauge. I was going by what TED said 2:07 minutes into his video were he states, "the KK mower is 3/16 thick which is heavier than 7 gauge."

/ KingKutter - Tarter - TSC? #7  
I didnt watch the video. Wonder why he said that??

And To and even more confusion, gauge thickness is different from steel, stainless, and aluminum. IE: 7ga steel is actually a different thickness than 7ga SS. Sheet steel is actually a tad thinner than the gauge standard. So 7ga steel is actually something like .179" as opposed to .187. But its still considered 3/16

/ KingKutter - Tarter - TSC?
I just bought a KK 60" finish mower from my local Kubota dealer. I have mowed 7 acres with it three times and am very happy with it. I think I paid around $1650 for it. I stay away from TSC due to very cheap products, and no service personell if I have a problem.

You have a good point concerning customer service, that goes a long way with me. Did you get your KK in Orange or Yellow?