Comparison sicklebar mower with 2 wheel tractor vs brush mower with 2 wheel tractor

/ sicklebar mower with 2 wheel tractor vs brush mower with 2 wheel tractor #1  

coonflight

Tractor
sickle bar mower
Have 1 1/2 acres of rough grass land on a 30o slope, needs to be cut once a year to prevent tree saplings from growing. I leave the cut grass on the ground as food for subsequent generations of grass growth. Currently I use an old Troy bilt sickle bar mower tractor but it bends over as much of tall fine grass stalks as it actually cuts.

Has anybody experience with this situation. Which is better, has anybody experience with a Brush Mower, I thinks its slower but cuts up grass and leaves a neater cut field ???

Art

/ sicklebar mower with 2 wheel tractor vs brush mower with 2 wheel tractor #2  
Have 1 1/2 acres of rough grass land on a 30o slope, needs to be cut once a year to prevent tree saplings from growing. I leave the cut grass on the ground as food for subsequent generations of grass growth. Currently I use an old Troy bilt sickle bar mower tractor but it bends over as much of tall fine grass stalks as it actually cuts.

Has anybody experience with this situation. Which is better, has anybody experience with a Brush Mower, I thinks its slower but cuts up grass and leaves a neater cut field ???

Art
That's usually caused by dull blades or traveling too fast, or a combination of both.

Welcome to TBN

/ sicklebar mower with 2 wheel tractor vs brush mower with 2 wheel tractor #3  
Or mower worn and out of adjustment.