kioti ck35 vs ls r3039

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #1  

bluewater 23

Tractor
none
ok guys, I've done my research and have narrowed it down between these two tractors. A little about the intended use. I'm a general contractor and will using tractor to dig footings and move materials around jobs. Also, I'm currently cutting 8 acres with 60" zero turn. Looking to get 6' finishing mower to cut down on my mower hours. I have 26 acres on the river that has a path that is a mile long that requires bushhoging and we fix food plots for deer.
I'm in N.C. and live within a hour of both dealers and plants. My favorite colors are blue and orange! I need help with this decision! Anybody that has had both brands? Price is about the same. Ls has an advantage with a 38.5 hp motor vs the kioti 34 hp but i like the internal bucket control vs the LS control with is attached to the outside of the fender? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #2  
My first choice would be the Kioti, even if it cost more. We have a Montana (LS) at work and it has not been a reliable tractor. The dealer did make repairs for free but it was inconvenient. Parts have been a problem. When an employee damaged the dash, it took several months to get a replacement. The FEL control isn't nearly as smooth as the Kubota controls I'm accustomed to. We removed the FEL to do some work where we had limited clearance and it took 3 of us to get it back on after drilling out a couple pin holes.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #3  
:welcome: from Ohio Get the Kioti and get both remotes

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #4  
I agree, get the kioti in this case. They have made quite a name for themselves.

Also, if you have dealers around, dont be afraid to shop the bigger names too. Like kubota, CNH, deere, etc.

I dont think the price differences is quite as big as people lead on to believe.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #5  
I agree, get the kioti in this case. They have made quite a name for themselves.

Also, if you have dealers around, dont be afraid to shop the bigger names too. Like kubota, CNH, deere, etc.

I dont think the price differences is quite as big as people lead on to believe.

By saying "lead on to believe" you're suggesting people aren't being honest?

I got quotes on similar tractors from LS, Kioti, New Holland, Case/IH, and Kubota. LS and Kioti were within $1500 or so of one another. All the other brands were at least $8,500 more, with Kubota topping out at $10K more. I didn't even get a final quote from the Deere dealer, but based off my brief discussion with the dealer, and my buddy who just bought a Deere, it would have at least matched the Kubota.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #6  
Anybody that has had both brands? Price is about the same. Ls has an advantage with a 38.5 hp motor vs the kioti 34 hp but i like the internal bucket control vs the LS control with is attached to the outside of the fender? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't own both brands, but I was down to the same two when I bought my tractor a few months ago. I was wavering between an LS R4047H, and a Kioti DK40SE or DK45SE (both Hydro). It was a really tough choice, as they both had offsetting strengths. For each thing I liked on one, there was something I equally liked on the other. For example, the LS had bigger wheels and tires, but the Kioti has the rear 3pt control. The LS has more power, and PTO power, but the Kioti loader could lift a bit more, and higher. The LS has a longer warranty, but the Kioti had more room in the operator station. I had a long list of things like that...it just depends what the most important points are to you.

In the end I liked them equally, but could get more power for less money, with the LS. I'm just approaching 100hrs, but I've done nothing to it other than the 50hr service, and add diesel. There haven't been many reports of major problems with either LS or Kioti in the last few years if you go by what you see in the sub-forums for them here.....most problems seem to be little things that can happen to any machine. I'm certain I would have been equally happy with the Kioti....in fact, I keep trying to get my wife to decide she needs a sub-compact for her gardening, so we can buy one :D

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #7  
Dont know what the difference is going to be unless you shop around is all I'm saying.

No two tractors are identical. Some may be cheaper because they offer less features. IF you dont care about those features, save some $$$. Kioti is growing pretty quickly in the states. I am sure their prices are likely to follow suit. Kioti is where kubota was 20 years ago. Gotta price low to get a hold on the market. But how low?? And how much hard negotiating was done when people speak of these differences in price??

Again, I dont know. And neither will the OP unless he shops around.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #8  
No two tractors are identical. Some may be cheaper because they offer less features. IF you dont care about those features, save some $$$.

Again, I dont know. And neither will the OP unless he shops around.

Right now, that's simply not how it works. If you compare similar models from Kioti and Kubota, for example, you will get more features with the Kioti, not less, and the price will be lower. Things like QA buckets, a rear remote, telescoping lift arms and stabilizer bars, etc, etc are all standard on a Kioti, and optional on Kubotas (at least until you start talking a Grand L, where the price jumps even more).

You may not know, but the OP said he's done his shopping around, and narrowed it down to LS or Kioti, right?

When I went through that process not long ago, I compared models set up as similarly as possible, so I was comparing apples-to-apples. Haggling might make a bit of difference, but won't account for the $10K more to go from a 40hp Kioti to a 40hp Kubota with similar features...those were actual quotes, not online pricing.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #9  
I've been very happy with my ck35. As Bart said, I'd probably be equally happy with the ls r3039, 4041 or 4047. Especially with the standard dual remotes. Wouldn't the dk series be a closer comparison to the r series of Ls?

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #10  
Well that big difference in price may indeed be the case in your area, but not mine. The few mahindra and kioti dealers around here, certainly arent 10k difference in a 30-40hp model. More like 4-5k on a CUT sized machine in the 25k pricerange.

I know he said he did a bunch of research. I took that to mean online reading. No mention of shopping around and getting quotes.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk him out of a kioti or LS, just suggestion that he shop around. I dont know the prices in his area, and I doubt you do either. My example about different features meaning and different prices, wasnt meant as brand A vs brand B. What I meant is that some MFG's have different levels of machines in the same size configuration, with differing prices. Kubota L vs Grand L comes to mind.

You say kioti offers all of that stuff standard. Well I look at it like I am paying more for a bunch of stuff I dont want because they dont offer an economy tractor.

So my choices were a economy tractor from kubota, or a deluxe model from kioti, mahindra, et al. Price point being the same. I opted for the tractor that had everything I wanted, and not a bunch of bells and whistles I didnt want.

But to each his own. I dont want to hijack the thread anymore. Just saying to shop around. Thats all. IT never hurts.