Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet-Yanmar ex450 -Ford 1300-Mahindra 2415

Default Re: Zero Turn Mowers

Quote Originally Posted by jpm1 View Post
    I have a Skag tiger cat with a 61" cut. I do custom mowing from time to time, flat land to hilly terain. I have never had a problem nor have i felt uncomfortable with it on hills I love my zero turn! . . . John
    I have a 60" exmark at the farm,and a 44" exmark at home. They have both been excellent mowers. I too haven't felt uncomfortable on medium slopes,but always make sure it is dry. I will never go back to a regular mower. I think the major brands of commercial mowers will all serve you well,just pick the dealer you feel most comfortable with.

Tractor
    Kubota L3240

I'm surprised I didn't see anyone list Ferris. Ferris makes some very good machines, a couple different styles of zero turn. They also make Snapper pro which is a lower cost version of the Ferris machines. Ferris was one of the 1st with 4 wheel suspension and they also make one that drives kind of like a motorcycle with the way you sit on it and grab the handle bars. Of course Ferris is made close by and has a lot of dealers.

Dixie chopper is popular with home owners around here, but they seems to have raised their prices a lot.
    “Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Reagan

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2013 Kioti dk40 hst, wright stander zero turn

I have a 2000 wright stander 48" with a 23 hp Kawasaki. It's been a workhorse for me. I love that I can ride it up into my pickup. Just step Off it to pick up debris. On uneven ground I think it's the safest machine made, you can just step off it. We have a 54" or 60" xmark with the same motor. It's so a nice machine but I like the stander better. It's also much simpler, less to go wrong and much easier to keep clean, takes up less space in the garage, etc. wright invented the stander and toro, deere and others gave made copies.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Quote Originally Posted by JasG View Post
    I'm surprised I didn't see anyone list Ferris. Ferris makes some very good machines, a couple different styles of zero turn. They also make Snapper pro which is a lower cost version of the Ferris machines. Ferris was one of the 1st with 4 wheel suspension and they also make one that drives kind of like a motorcycle with the way you sit on it and grab the handle bars. Of course Ferris is made close by and has a lot of dealers.

Dixie chopper is popular with home owners around here, but they seems to have raised their prices a lot.
    Yep, surprised that I haven't heard more about the Ferris Evolution Zero Turn.
    -121301-jpeg -1772246-634444579808745031-jpg -mowerrankingsferris_10711194-jpg

I have heard that the suspension works good and makes a big difference on rough ground.

Zero Turn Mower Evolution | Ferris ZTR Commercial Mowers

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post

I have heard that the suspension works good and makes a big difference on rough ground.

Pretty interesting machine.

In theory I like the stamped deck better for the curved corners. I would think the grass would flow out of the deck much better without clumping and sticking to the deck under side. In practice, I found my farm king welded deck(rfm) stayed much cleaner underneath than my deere deck, stamped, 62c,62d and the z465. Just my observation.
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    Kubota L3240

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post

IMO what hold this back is the cost vs deck size, only up to a 52" deck. The only time I see this in a landscapers fleet is when it's used with a larger machine. I've never seen only this on a trailer or being used on a yard. I only know one personally that owns one and he always has this with much larger zero turn. He likes it and uses it in smaller areas and where there is a lot of obstacles to mow around.
    “Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Reagan

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7116H

But can it do this?

-323369d1371523287-who-needs-bush-hog

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Quote Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
    But can it do this?

-323369d1371523287-who-needs-bush-hog
    Yep, it can go out where a brush hog mowed, for a photo-op just like that one did!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7116H

Haha.. That IS the brush hog

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 R4 Tires

Quote Originally Posted by PapaPerk View Post
    Do you have pics of your mower with industrial tires?! I would love to see!!!!

Does the industrial tires tear up grass?
    Not really, I don't have your typical neighborhood home and garden lawn. It is more on the order of typical rural weed and grass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2013-06-24-19-13-a  
    Bob, n8zcc

Kubota B3030 with R4s
    LA403, 60" bucket with hooks, bolt-on tooth bar, ratchet rake
    BH76 with 16" bucket and thumb
    Kubota Pallet Folks
    Bush Hog 35-06 72" Rear Blade
    Bush Hog SBX60 Box Blade
    Bush Hog Razorback RZ160
    Kubota ZD323-60
    Kubota RTV900 with Curtis hydraulic angle plow

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast