Buying Advice Zero Turn Mowers

/ Zero Turn Mowers #31  
I have a Skag tiger cat with a 61" cut. I do custom mowing from time to time, flat land to hilly terain. I have never had a problem nor have i felt uncomfortable with it on hills I love my zero turn! . . . John

I have a 60" exmark at the farm,and a 44" exmark at home. They have both been excellent mowers. I too haven't felt uncomfortable on medium slopes,but always make sure it is dry. I will never go back to a regular mower. I think the major brands of commercial mowers will all serve you well,just pick the dealer you feel most comfortable with.

/ Zero Turn Mowers #32  
I'm surprised I didn't see anyone list Ferris. Ferris makes some very good machines, a couple different styles of zero turn. They also make Snapper pro which is a lower cost version of the Ferris machines. Ferris was one of the 1st with 4 wheel suspension and they also make one that drives kind of like a motorcycle with the way you sit on it and grab the handle bars. Of course Ferris is made close by and has a lot of dealers.

Dixie chopper is popular with home owners around here, but they seems to have raised their prices a lot.

/ Zero Turn Mowers #33  
I have a 2000 wright stander 48" with a 23 hp Kawasaki. It's been a workhorse for me. I love that I can ride it up into my pickup. Just step Off it to pick up debris. On uneven ground I think it's the safest machine made, you can just step off it. We have a 54" or 60" xmark with the same motor. It's so a nice machine but I like the stander better. It's also much simpler, less to go wrong and much easier to keep clean, takes up less space in the garage, etc. wright invented the stander and toro, deere and others gave made copies.

/ Zero Turn Mowers #34  
I'm surprised I didn't see anyone list Ferris. Ferris makes some very good machines, a couple different styles of zero turn. They also make Snapper pro which is a lower cost version of the Ferris machines. Ferris was one of the 1st with 4 wheel suspension and they also make one that drives kind of like a motorcycle with the way you sit on it and grab the handle bars. Of course Ferris is made close by and has a lot of dealers.

Dixie chopper is popular with home owners around here, but they seems to have raised their prices a lot.

Yep, surprised that I haven't heard more about the Ferris Evolution Zero Turn.
121301.jpeg 1772246-634444579808745031.jpg mowerrankingsferris_10711194.jpg

I have heard that the suspension works good and makes a big difference on rough ground.

Zero Turn Mower Evolution | Ferris ZTR Commercial Mowers

/ Zero Turn Mowers #35  
View attachment 324279 View attachment 324280 View attachment 324281

I have heard that the suspension works good and makes a big difference on rough ground.

Pretty interesting machine.

In theory I like the stamped deck better for the curved corners. I would think the grass would flow out of the deck much better without clumping and sticking to the deck under side. In practice, I found my farm king welded deck(rfm) stayed much cleaner underneath than my deere deck, stamped, 62c,62d and the z465. Just my observation.

/ Zero Turn Mowers #36  
View attachment 324279 View attachment 324280 View attachment 324281

IMO what hold this back is the cost vs deck size, only up to a 52" deck. The only time I see this in a landscapers fleet is when it's used with a larger machine. I've never seen only this on a trailer or being used on a yard. I only know one personally that owns one and he always has this with much larger zero turn. He likes it and uses it in smaller areas and where there is a lot of obstacles to mow around.

/ Zero Turn Mowers #37  
But can it do this? :)

323369d1371523287-who-needs-bush-hog-wp_20130617_002.jpg

/ Zero Turn Mowers #39  
Haha.. That IS the brush hog ;)

/ Zero Turn Mowers #40  
Do you have pics of your mower with industrial tires?! I would love to see!!!!

Does the industrial tires tear up grass?

Not really, I don't have your typical neighborhood home and garden lawn. It is more on the order of typical rural weed and grass.

Attachments

• 2013-06-24 19.13.40 (Medium).jpg
    2013-06-24 19.13.40 (Medium).jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 174