Buying Advice Zero Turn Mowers

/ Zero Turn Mowers #1  

George Roesner

Tractor
TroyBilt
I need some help. I am looking at getting a new mower and I want something built to last and cuts grass evenly. I think a zero turn is what I want but I need help clarifying this: Are zero turn mowers terrible on grades?
Next question: What do I buy? I only have 2 acres to mow, quite a few hills.
Kubota, Husqvarna, Bad Boy, Toro, John Deere? Other? Any suggestions or feedback? What are your experiences with your zero turn? Good/bad?

/ Zero Turn Mowers #2  
I have my second Toro and I've been quite happy with both. The only reason I sold the first one was because I needed something that would go through 3' chain link fence gates, so now I have a smaller one. But my experience has been that they are pretty bad on slopes; too little traction. Otherwise they're great. I've no personal experience with the other brands, but part of the reason I bought Toro was to get the right size machine, part was the price, but mostly it's because I wanted to buy from a dealer (not a box store) that would be available for warranty service, if needed, and maintenance parts, if needed.

/ Zero Turn Mowers #3  
I have has 2 zero turns. The best thing since slice bread.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Zero Turn Mowers #4  
I do not have one but my uncle said he likes the same but advised of use on steep slopes, especially if wet.

/ Zero Turn Mowers #5  
Like PMA said, best thing since sliced bread...I have a ten year old x-mark, mow two acres(more or less) and will never go back to conventional, regardless of higher cost ! The only drawback is they suck in ANY mud...I'll live with it...

/ Zero Turn Mowers #6  
I have a John Deer 757 60 inch and a Kubota BX 2200. The Kubota is a Cadillac and 757 is by far second best. 757 has less hours rides rough burns fuel and can get stuck very easy. If you drive a 0 turn like you see on commercials the back tires will tear up your grass. The 757 feels a little more secure on slope because you sit much lower. Not sure this is fair comparison but I think both machines were around 10 K new. Hope this helps

/ Zero Turn Mowers #7  
Purchased an Ariens 52 inch gas powered zero turn mower from a dealer back in 2005 to replace a JD rear engine rider. Use mostly on flat ground but do have some sloping ditches that I cut. When wet if I am not careful, I slide to the bottom and bury the drive wheels. Need to get the tractor and pull it out. This has happened twice so far this year. Approaching 400 hrs with zero problems. Cut almost two acres. Boy are zero turns fun and fast. Would love to have a diesel JD, Kubota, or Hussler. Just cannot justify the additional cost. For two acres, my opinion is just about any dealer sold brand will provide many years of trouble free service if well maintained.

/ Zero Turn Mowers #8  
Another zero turn fan. I have a Toro Z-master and have put 625 hours on it over the last 5 years with no problems. One thing I have noticed is heavier (mine weighs 1200lbs) machines are much more stable on slopes.

Will

/ Zero Turn Mowers #9  
I have the grasshopper brand, it's great super wide and no problem with slopes.

/ Zero Turn Mowers #10  
I had a diesel Kubota model 326 pro ZTR built like a tank.I would also look at ferris ZTR if you have a lot of rough terrain.coobie.