Tractor
    case/ingersoll 6018

Default help with a price check john deere 4110

hi all would I have a chance to buy a tractor ....I think the size of the tractor is ok but just not sure if its a good deal so any help would be appreciated so here we go the tractor is a 2003 john deere 4110, has a 410 loader, still green inside the bucket, with 125 hours, got the r4 tires on it, looks new just used around the house, from original owner 11k, ...what u guys think ? are these jd model tractors durable ? or dogs ? any help would be appreciated thanks jim

Tractor
    case/ingersoll 6018

Default Re: help with a price check john deere 4110

jeez the 4110 looks pretty close in capacity to the new 1 series ....with warranty and financing

Platinum Member

I have an 04 model 4110 with a 60" mmm. Great machine. Has the higher capacity hydraulic flow for the loader ( I built a custom with extra high reach ) and the four wheel drive system works great. I just can't find a reason to update as I like to keep newer equipment in my yard. Only 330 hours so it does not get alot of usage but a great all around machine. I think my tractor alone was 11k new. The heavy deck is a handful to mount / dismount but cuts well. The frame size is just right for the tasks I have including snow blowing ( 60" JD Blower ) and mowing six acres around many trees.
    As the newer models increase in price the 4100 series will remain expensive and hard to find at bargain rates.

Tractor
    case/ingersoll 6018

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Blue View Post
    I have an 04 model 4110 with a 60" mmm. Great machine. Has the higher capacity hydraulic flow for the loader ( I built a custom with extra high reach ) and the four wheel drive system works great. I just can't find a reason to update as I like to keep newer equipment in my yard. Only 330 hours so it does not get alot of usage but a great all around machine. I think my tractor alone was 11k new. The heavy deck is a handful to mount / dismount but cuts well. The frame size is just right for the tasks I have including snow blowing ( 60" JD Blower ) and mowing six acres around many trees.
    As the newer models increase in price the 4100 series will remain expensive and hard to find at bargain rates.
    wow 11k brand new back in 2004 ? I was thinking of buying the 2003 for that price ...with a loader...could u imagine ? the more I think of it the more im thinking I should buy new

Silver Member
    Tractor

yeah but keep in mind that is only for the base tractor. I have the same tractor from 04, 679 hours on mine. It seemed like anything I wanted they said 2500.00 . Loader and MMM added right around 5k, so with those and a box blade I would looking more like 17K out the door with taxes etc. I have tilled 100s of gardens and my son has also use doing landscaping work and this thing is rock solid.

Tractor
    case/ingersoll 6018

Quote Originally Posted by millsnhills View Post
    yeah but keep in mind that is only for the base tractor. I have the same tractor from 04, 679 hours on mine. It seemed like anything I wanted they said 2500.00 . Loader and MMM added right around 5k, so with those and a box blade I would looking more like 17K out the door with taxes etc. I have tilled 100s of gardens and my son has also use doing landscaping work and this thing is rock solid.
    really ? what size / brand tiller may i ask ?

Tractor
    case/ingersoll 6018

Quote Originally Posted by millsnhills View Post
    hmmm not sure if it would be worth it but -11k down finanace 6k over 5 years at 0% = 100 bucks a month for 5 years or buy the 10 year old tractor with aprox 100 hours on it with loader and no warrenty for 11k ?

Tractor
    JD 4100

I do not have a 4110, but do have a 13 year old 4100 (bought it new with 410 loader & 54" mower). I paid $14000 for my initial purchase. $11k sounds a little high, on the other hand in my experience the 4100 series tractors are very good tractors (100% Yanmar). Mine is just over 1000 hours and I have had zero problems. Does everything I want on my 3.5 acres. I have since added a pto seed spreader, 4ft rear blade, DR pto chipper, 4ft pto tiller and the tractor handles them very well. I believe the 4110 has several more hp than my tractor. Anyhow, depending on your usage, you should get years of use.