Default I'm looking for a new garden tractor for mowing and snowblowing mainly

Currently I'm using a 1978 Wheel Horse C101 with a 42" deck to mow about 2-3 acres.

The old girl has seen a lot of years of use and things are constantly breaking. I'm thinking about upgrading to something new with a hydrostatic transmission.

I also have a wheel horse snow blower which I use in the winter which is in even worse shape.

My dad has a kubota T1880 which I have used quite a bit and like. My only problem with the T series is no snow blower option.

I have looked at Kubota's GR series which does have the option for a snow blower. By the time you add a snow blower you are looking around $12,000. The money isn't out of the question but certainly seems like a lot.

I do also have a sleeve hitch mount for the wheel horse and do use a 8" mold board plow to blow a small garden 15' x 30' and till with a Troy built pony. The new tractor doesn't really need to plow the garden.

Opinions/suggestions?
    Last edited by pyro6988; 06-22-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: I'm looking for a new garden tractor for mowing and snowblowing mainly

I am not sure if the kubota garden tractors are that reliable. I would look at a sub compact tractor. You can do way more with them than you can with the average garden tractor.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Gold Member uglyboywith11fingers's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 BX24TLB, 1998 TG1860G

Default Re: I'm looking for a new garden tractor for mowing and snowblowing mainly

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    I am not sure if the kubota garden tractors are that reliable. I would look at a sub compact tractor. You can do way more with them than you can with the average garden tractor.
    I bought my Kubota TG1860G/54" mower new in July 1998. Now has about 940 hours, and other than oil & filters, I doubt I've put over $300 in parts into it, and a fair bit of that would be belts. Can't argue with that kind of reliability.
    Of course this model is no longer made, but I would not hesitate to buy this again, or buy a used machine if it appeared to be well maintained.

Pete

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by uglyboywith11fingers View Post

I bought my kubota TG1860G/54" mower new in July 1998. Now has about 940 hours, and other than oil & filters, I doubt I've put over $300 in parts into it, and a fair bit of that would be belts. Can't argue with that kind of reliability.
    Of course this model is no longer made, but I would not hesitate to buy this again, or buy a used machine if it appeared to be well maintained.

Pete
    I should have said that differently, the newer garden tractors are not that reliable. I have seen a few threads complaining about weak hydros. I have heard the older ones are reliable.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    NH T1030- 49G Brockway

If I were younger .... and was in your position ...... I would definitely look at a lifetime sub compact like a Massey. With two to three acres to take care of you will never regret the expenditure. You take care of the machine and it will last until your kids are using it & you're in the 'home".

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

I have a Simplicity Conquest with Snow blower and it works well but the deck is too heavy for me to change anymore due to health reasons. Am going to a Ventrac or Steiner for the quick hitch.
    Murph ------------