Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    '10 Kubota MX4700HST, R4s

Default Idea for new forum

After following a thread on another forum (accuratereloading.com) where a member suffered the theft of his tractor and it's return a week or so later, I'm proposing that TractorByNet open a forum dedicated to allowing owners to post when/where/identifying info on stolen tractors and other related equipment. Call it the Stolen Equipment forum. Maybe we can locate more equipment stolen and stop some of the theft. Whatta ya think?

mkane09

Tractor
    B2320, X300

Default Re: Idea for new forum

Makes some sense,

Someone stole a nice New Holland from the Indian reservation nearby last September, and they've been running a reward ad in craigslist ever since. It was missing both front tires and the battery at the time, so the scumbag was pretty determined.

Somehow, stealing a tractor seems lower than stealing cars, more like kidnapping (or at least dognapping). It would be good if there was a clearing house for those great deals on craigs and elsewhere to see if they might be hot.
    B2320, FEL, box scraper, KK rear rotary mower, JD X300 mower

Tractor
    John Deere LX172

Quote Originally Posted by daveshoot View Post
    Makes some sense,

Someone stole a nice New Holland from the Indian reservation nearby last September, and they've been running a reward ad in craigslist ever since. It was missing both front tires and the battery at the time, so the scumbag was pretty determined.

Somehow, stealing a tractor seems lower than stealing cars, more like kidnapping (or at least dognapping). It would be good if there was a clearing house for those great deals on craigs and elsewhere to see if they might be hot.
    It's probably working its little heart out somewhere in Southern Mexico. Older 4WD vehicles are also especially good targets for this particular methos of "export".
    Have Wings, Will Travel.

Tractor
    NH T-1520 HST, JD 5210 2WD, Terramite T5C, Ford 1520 (sold), JD 1520 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by daveshoot View Post
    Makes some sense, ...
    Somehow, stealing a tractor seems lower than stealing cars, more like kidnapping ... It would be good if there was a clearing house for those great deals on craigs and elsewhere to see if they might be hot.
    Pretty obvious why horse thieves were hanged in days of yore. Might be tough to sort/search for any & all as reports come in and the list gets long, and we'd want to keep it updated as stolen items are found. Good idea though, and it gets my vote. Can we do this without over-thinking it into not happening? btw: Terramite's site has a page to list stolen items.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

IMHO, I think it's a Great idea.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by creekbend View Post
    IMHO, I think it's a Great idea.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400

Agree on a great idea. I was the victim of a stolen tractor, (along with a F350, slide in camper, pulling an equipment trailer the tractor was on) and it's not a good feeling. Recovered the truck 3 days later, trailer 1 year later. Never recovered the tractor. This was in Seattle, several folks opined that it found its way into a container bound for Mexico.....
    Probabably a very small chance of recovery, but in the chance of just maybe a member sees on a trailer...somewhere....well worth the effort.

This should also prompt owners to take several pics of their equipment, note serial #'s, any identifying features, and perhaps going as far as doing some custom engraving somewhere on the equipment.....

Tractor
    John Deere LT160, Arctic Cat 400 ATV

Tractor Tracker

( but then, I'm the guy who names the dog GONNIT and the kitten KABUTL )

Great Idea mkane09

Tractor
    My tractor is an old M... F... and red too.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutcub View Post
    Agree on a great idea. I was the victim of a stolen tractor, (along with a F350, slide in camper, pulling an equipment trailer the tractor was on) and it's not a good feeling. Recovered the truck 3 days later, trailer 1 year later. Never recovered the tractor. This was in Seattle, several folks opined that it found its way into a container bound for Mexico.....
    Probabably a very small chance of recovery, but in the chance of just maybe a member sees on a trailer...somewhere....well worth the effort.

This should also prompt owners to take several pics of their equipment, note serial #'s, any identifying features, and perhaps going as far as doing some custom engraving somewhere on the equipment.....
    Alot of new members come here to help identify the age of thier tractor. It makes me wonder about the history of it. On a vintage Massey Ferguson the tags just don't fall off. One would have to ingrave the serial number on hidden locations on the tractor for accurate recovery.
    Retired and enjoying life with my kids and grandkids -robert
    "life is too short.. eat your cake first"
    My 1965 MF 135 Z145 Refurbish Project with Pics
    TrucksByNet.com .... .... It's about Trucks... The other TBN
    My Yamaha YFP350U Terrapro's Project The only ATV with a PTO
    About ME

Silver Member
    Tractor
    '10 Kubota MX4700HST, R4s

So, how do I get a moderator to view this thread?

mkane09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast