Tractor suggestion,please...

/ Tractor suggestion,please... #1  

foreman Etexas

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota (2010)M7040,(2012)M7040,New Holland(2004)TL100
So I am in the market for new tractor and stay under $51,000 but having hard time desiding this time around.

OPTIONS would like
1-Buddy seat
2-85 or more HP
3-4x4 havent really desided on this one
4-Loader or could buy one out right next year
5-sync. or hyd shuttle
6- would like highway speed over the 15/16mph I have now

Thats just off top of my head right now,just looking for some suggestions besides going to the dealers again and messing with them.
Those that dont know me run cow calf operation(400/500acres),round bale my own hay(less than 200 a year 4x5baler).

/ Tractor suggestion,please... #2  
Well it will depend a lot on just what types of dealers you have around you and how far you will go to buy.

/ Tractor suggestion,please...
Got 3 JD,4 kubota,2NH,2mahindra,2 massey,1Zeter,2case all not far...

Like is the JD 5085M very much more HP than my 64pto? I am not real familiar with any other JD models besides the 5083E cause I run one for a friend. I like Kubota but have to get a M100gx for buddy seat,the 8560/9960 are nice. I think a model of JD may be interested in but have no info is the 6100D.I am doing some searching on-line but nothing better than my TBN partners for real info.

/ Tractor suggestion,please... #5  
I wish I had those kinds of options! My closest JD dealer is great on pricing, terrible on service and never returns phone calls. My closest NH dealer is HORRIBLE on OEM parts pricing, I end up driving 2 hours to get better prices so I dont have to deal with those guys. For instance, I bought an entire box of sickle bar knives for my 499 for $1.65 a piece. I got 25 in the box and I figured what the heck, i might as well change all the blades and start fresh. Went to the closer NH dealer and they wanted a dollar a blade more. Couldn't figure out how in the world I got that price from the dealer the day before since their' list price from NH is higher than what I bought them for the day before.

On the plus side though, my closest Kubota dealer is within tractor driving distance!

I know there is 3 good dealers I have had dealing with 1kubota,1NH&Mahiindra and 1JD my buddy dealt with for many years. I can't say but 1 bad heard about the massey dealer but met someone on here that own a dealer not to far

/ Tractor suggestion,please... #7  
I would give the 6115D a hard look, should be able to get a 2wd cab with 18.4 38 tires for close to that price. You could get 4x4 for a little more money.

/ Tractor suggestion,please... #8  
Have you given Kioti a shot? I am ( was) in the market for a new cabbed 60-70 HP tractor and have been very very loyal to Kubota ( 5 pieces of orange equipment) and took a look at a kioti, it has some features I like external 3 pt raise lower, ( which most of the 100 +- tractors have, but was dealing and they could not even come close to kioti's price. Maybe take a look at the kioti 90 hp model Not sure if they have a buddy seat, but the overall fit and finish on the new RX6040pc I am having delivered next week looks just as good as the 3 kubotas I currently have. Do you have any local Kioti dealers??

Cheers

Roger

Yeah have one but they have always been higher than the Kubotas. They don't have the buddy seat and that's highest on list for my 4yr old,the chair in floor board days are over,in rough fields he is just all over and him setting in the seat when baling is difficult for me. Thanks for the suggestion

/ Tractor suggestion,please... #10  
The 5xxxM series Deere tractors are very nice, well equipped. But I don't think you can get an 85hp model with cab and loader under your budget. But like you said, could skip the loader for now.

I was surprised your Kubota M7040 is that slow on the road. My M9540 runs 22mph.