General customer service question

/ General customer service question #1  

Ronster

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X739, Kubota U27-4, Kubota RTV 500
Just a general question regarding warranties /customer service. I've been looking at MF 1532, Mahindra 3616 and JD 3320. Any one company better than the other as far as good customer service and dealing with warranty issues?
Thanks

/ General customer service question #2  
TBN members are generally biased toward what they have and will defend the paint.
Suggest you spend a lot of time looking thru current and past threads for your brands of interest and keep records of frequency of problems and apparent customer satisfaction level as a function of brand post frequency.

The ideal is to have NO reported problems thus no need to visit dealer for service. Next is to have 100% Satisfaction from dealers for actual problems.

Reality...visit YOUR dealers with a list of service related questions...ask same of each dealer...rank dealers in order by their answers. Talk to service dept manager, not salesperson.

/ General customer service question #3  
Just a general question regarding warranties /customer service. I've been looking at MF 1532, Mahindra 3616 and JD 3320. Any one company better than the other as far as good customer service and dealing with warranty issues?
Thanks

The real customer service is done by the dealers and really hasn't got much to do with the manufacturer. Better customer service comes from the dealer with the best mechanics, the best sales people and the best business owner unfortunately no one has the best of everything. Only you can determine who is the best dealer for you, get to know them both and make your decision they are both good tractors and I don't have either one of them.

/ General customer service question #4  
The real customer service is done by the dealers and really hasn't got much to do with the manufacturer. Better customer service comes from the dealer with the best mechanics, the best sales people and the best business owner unfortunately no one has the best of everything. Only you can determine who is the best dealer for you, get to know them both and make your decision they are both good tractors and I don't have either one of them.

Absolutely. Manufacturers pay warranty claims, but the dealer writes them and can make or break just about any legitimate claim.

/ General customer service question
Good answers all. Thanks for the insight.
Ronster

/ General customer service question #6  
Thanks

All quality machines, you can't go wrong with any of them. What is often said here is purchase the dealer and not the tractor.

/ General customer service question #7  
Having bought two new Kubotas , it's been my experience that one seldom sees the dealer. In the past five years and over 400 hours of usage, my tractors have never been back to the dealer. I do my own routine maintenance and adjustments. In fact I sometimes go back to the dealer just to say "Hi" and see new models and the people in parts and service .... Just for the heck of it. Does that help, Ronster? The purchase of parts and attachments brings me back to the dealer also. Even though my dealer has a good reputation, I bought from a different dealer when he didn't have the model on hand that I wanted....so now, I have good rapport with two dealers. :thumbsup: As to warranty claims.....never had one. This not to defend the "paint", but to just state my experience.

/ General customer service question #8  
I have a option to buy a new tractor out of state but I'm concerned that my local Kubota will not support me for my warranty issues if any. Do dealers act this way ?

/ General customer service question #9  
I have a option to buy a new tractor out of state but I'm concerned that my local Kubota will not support me for my warranty issues if any. Do dealers act this way ?

No but you may be last in line for service.

/ General customer service question #10  
All quality machines, you can't go wrong with any of them. What is often said here is purchase the dealer and not the tractor.

That's it in a nutshell. Tasmania, being a relatively small State, has most of the tractor dealerships centrally located in the town of Longford... JD, Case, NH, Kubota, etc... are all a walk between them. So I leaned towards "the word in the pub". The JD dealership consistantly came up in conversation for top-notch service, followed by very good deals. So I went 'green' for the long term support of my investments.

An individual dealership lives & dies by their reputation; word gets around quickly.