Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD2520/Kubota KX008/ Argo Bigfoot 6x6

Default General customer service question

Just a general question regarding warranties /customer service. I've been looking at MF 1532, Mahindra 3616 and JD 3320. Any one company better than the other as far as good customer service and dealing with warranty issues?
    Thanks

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

Default Re: General customer service question

TBN members are generally biased toward what they have and will defend the paint.
    Suggest you spend a lot of time looking thru current and past threads for your brands of interest and keep records of frequency of problems and apparent customer satisfaction level as a function of brand post frequency.

The ideal is to have NO reported problems thus no need to visit dealer for service. Next is to have 100% Satisfaction from dealers for actual problems.

Reality...visit YOUR dealers with a list of service related questions...ask same of each dealer...rank dealers in order by their answers. Talk to service dept manager, not salesperson.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    Just a general question regarding warranties /customer service. I've been looking at MF 1532, Mahindra 3616 and JD 3320. Any one company better than the other as far as good customer service and dealing with warranty issues?
    Thanks
    The real customer service is done by the dealers and really hasn't got much to do with the manufacturer. Better customer service comes from the dealer with the best mechanics, the best sales people and the best business owner unfortunately no one has the best of everything. Only you can determine who is the best dealer for you, get to know them both and make your decision they are both good tractors and I don't have either one of them.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Guesseral View Post
    The real customer service is done by the dealers and really hasn't got much to do with the manufacturer. Better customer service comes from the dealer with the best mechanics, the best sales people and the best business owner unfortunately no one has the best of everything. Only you can determine who is the best dealer for you, get to know them both and make your decision they are both good tractors and I don't have either one of them.
    Absolutely. Manufacturers pay warranty claims, but the dealer writes them and can make or break just about any legitimate claim.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD2520/Kubota KX008/ Argo Bigfoot 6x6

Good answers all. Thanks for the insight.
    Ronster

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    Thanks
    All quality machines, you can't go wrong with any of them. What is often said here is purchase the dealer and not the tractor.

Foster Center, RI

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

Having bought two new Kubotas , it's been my experience that one seldom sees the dealer. In the past five years and over 400 hours of usage, my tractors have never been back to the dealer. I do my own routine maintenance and adjustments. In fact I sometimes go back to the dealer just to say "Hi" and see new models and the people in parts and service .... Just for the heck of it. Does that help, Ronster? The purchase of parts and attachments brings me back to the dealer also. Even though my dealer has a good reputation, I bought from a different dealer when he didn't have the model on hand that I wanted....so now, I have good rapport with two dealers. As to warranty claims.....never had one. This not to defend the "paint", but to just state my experience.
    Kubota B2620 HST

Silver Member
    Tractor
    None yet

I have a option to buy a new tractor out of state but I'm concerned that my local kubota will not support me for my warranty issues if any. Do dealers act this way ?

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    I have a option to buy a new tractor out of state but I'm concerned that my local kubota will not support me for my warranty issues if any. Do dealers act this way ?
    No but you may be last in line for service.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    JD 4105 / JD D110

Quote Originally Posted by unbidden View Post
    All quality machines, you can't go wrong with any of them. What is often said here is purchase the dealer and not the tractor.
    That's it in a nutshell. Tasmania, being a relatively small State, has most of the tractor dealerships centrally located in the town of Longford... JD, Case, NH, kubota, etc... are all a walk between them. So I leaned towards "the word in the pub". The JD dealership consistantly came up in conversation for top-notch service, followed by very good deals. So I went 'green' for the long term support of my investments.

An individual dealership lives & dies by their reputation; word gets around quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast