Buying Advice Kubota 3200 vs Mahindra 3016

/ Kubota 3200 vs Mahindra 3016 #21  
Well, I think you have it narrowed down to the L3200/3800 and 3016/3616, BUT...

For future reference, please specify wether the kubota 3200 you are talking about is a L or a B. There is a big difference and it made it difficult to understanding what you were talking about.

That said, the 3800 and 3616 arent going to cost much more than the smaller versions. And extra HP is never a bad thing, especially if you ever run a bushhog or tiller off the back.

Now as to kubota vs mahindra....they are both great tractors that spec out pretty close. You need to drive BOTH and see which one fits YOU the best.

/ Kubota 3200 vs Mahindra 3016 #22  
I would go with a Kubota and I would choose R4 tires, the more plys the better for all those woods you have. While you get less traction, you would be getting a much more stout tire. All the sticks and stumps could easily puncture a tire and R4s are better than R1s in my book.

I'm using R1s' in the woods logging and mowing pretty rough fields since 1990 and have not had any problems. I actually like them better the R4s'.

/ Kubota 3200 vs Mahindra 3016
I'm using R1s' in the woods logging and mowing pretty rough fields since 1990 and have not had any problems. I actually like them better the R4s'.

Does either tire work better when on grass. I was told certain tires rut up grass more. No grass is not a primary use just asking. However, I do seem to be getting one regular response and that is "sit on them"...which seems obvious except I have no mahindra dealer close. The one I've been talking to is in North Carolina. I do have a Kubota dealer near me but I have been told by several people I will not get a good deal there. It is the only tractor dealer near Charleston,SC which makes it higher priced. I could go there to sit on them but again I have no basis for comparison. Plus a perk of buying out of state will save tons in taxes. The standard warranty for the Mahindra is very enticing even though they are out of state. Man so much to consider. Really wish I could sit on them both.

/ Kubota 3200 vs Mahindra 3016 #24  
Go sit on the Kubotas near you. You do not have to buy anything, If they give a quote of $17200 for a L3800DT gear drive with quick attach loader, follow him back inside to talk. If they say $20000+, fall to the ground laughing and then get in your vehicle and leave.

/ Kubota 3200 vs Mahindra 3016 #25  
wow!!! Lot's of great advice in no time. Thanks to everyone so far that has responded. Several things have been brought to my attention that never crossed my mind. I definitely want a loader, 5' brush cutter, and harrow disks. I kinda thought the shuttle trans of the Mahindra seemed like better bang for the buck as opposed to the hst. Learning the gear driven Kubota doesn't have live pto was great info. So many things to consider so I'll just ask this. If you had a tight budget, 200 acres (road and row maintenance, not planting fields) , storage issues and a choice between mahindra 3016, 3616, kubota 3200hst, 3800. What would you pick? or if you have another brand you feel is better or better value let me know because I am open. Thanks

If you do any sort of loader work, HST is worth its weight in gold. For field work (harrow) and brush hogging, the shuttle's as good or better. I don't think you could pay me to give up HST for loader work.

/ Kubota 3200 vs Mahindra 3016 #26  
Does either tire work better when on grass. I was told certain tires rut up grass more. No grass is not a primary use just asking. However, I do seem to be getting one regular response and that is "sit on them"...which seems obvious except I have no mahindra dealer close. The one I've been talking to is in North Carolina. I do have a Kubota dealer near me but I have been told by several people I will not get a good deal there. It is the only tractor dealer near Charleston,SC which makes it higher priced. I could go there to sit on them but again I have no basis for comparison. Plus a perk of buying out of state will save tons in taxes. The standard warranty for the Mahindra is very enticing even though they are out of state. Man so much to consider. Really wish I could sit on them both.

The R1 ag tires will tear up grass if you're not careful. I've never had a problem there though, as I have a yard and not a lawn.:) When I do have to get in the yard, I go slow and try not to do too many donuts. :D

I looked hard at Mahindra before I bought my L3800DT, because they are just down the road. I liked the Kubota much better and the price was basically the same. You might want to look around for another Kubota dealer, Mine is about 50 miles away, but well worth the drive!

/ Kubota 3200 vs Mahindra 3016 #27  
jkempcai,

Write this telephone number down.

606-679-3659

This is Barlow Kubota, when you have looked at the other Kubota dealers, give Barlows a phone call. I will bet you end up dealing with Barlows if you go Kubota.

/ Kubota 3200 vs Mahindra 3016
Go sit on the Kubotas near you. You do not have to buy anything, If they give a quote of $17200 for a L3800DT gear drive with quick attach loader, follow him back inside to talk. If they say $20000+, fall to the ground laughing and then get in your vehicle and leave.

Well I spent some time at the local Kubota dealer and technically should have fell to the ground laughing....yes his package deal seems not too bad but he said the L3800DT w/loader and r4 tires would be right at $20,000. The package he put together was 23,175 for L3800DT w/loader , 5' Howse bush hog, 16 x 16 adj. howse harrow, and an 18' 7000lb trailer with ramps and brakes. The Mahindra 3616 I got a quote for is 24,500 and has the shuttle transmission and loader, 5' med duty howse bush hog, 16 x16 harrow, and a 20' 10000lb trailer w ramps and brakes. The main differences are transmission and trailer size. Also all the lifting stats and such seem to favor the Mahindra. I really hate that I don't have a local mahindra dealer to sit in one because the Kubota was very comfortable and the ability to see it,feel it, touch it goes a long way. Everything seemed to be suited for a right handed person which I am. The only negative(again I have nothing to compare) is that it seems tight leg wise. I am 6'5" but maybe all tractors of this category are like this. So what does everybody think of these"deals" good?bad? average? keep in mind that these are financed costs and not cash prices.

/ Kubota 3200 vs Mahindra 3016 #30  

R1s have better traction on grass and because of that cut up the grass more. R4s are more puncture resistant but not as good for traction. With 4WD, I never have had my R4s stuck. Stay out of the mud with any tire and you should be okay.

How about buying a Kubota out of state to save on the taxes? At least then you will have a local dealer.