Buying Advice Jinma 164

/ Jinma 164 #1  

ToneTone

Tractor
Wanting to purchase
Looking to buy tractor for my 2 acre place. So I really don't need a big piece of equipment. Does anyone out there in the tractor community have any reviews/views on an Jinmar 164 ????????

/ Jinma 164 #2  
   / Jinma 164
Don,
Thanks for the reply. Makes you wonder how reliable Jinma's are ???????? Never heard of a radiator on a "new" tractor blowing up. One many years old maybe.
And parts availability?????

/ Jinma 164 #4  
Don,
Thanks for the reply. Makes you wonder how reliable Jinma's are ???????? Never heard of a radiator on a "new" tractor blowing up. One many years old maybe.
And parts availability?????
Some people love them.

You can read a little more on them here: Chinese Tractors

Personally I would never consider buying one, and if one were given to me, I would part out what I could and scrap the rest.

/ Jinma 164 #5  
hi, while I can`t comment directly on the 164,i have the 254, and its been a good machine so far. I would suggest posting in the Chinese section, you might get more response from actual Chinese tractor owners.
by the way what are your plans for the tractor?

/ Jinma 164 #6  
hi, while I can`t comment directly on the 164,i have the 254, and its been a good machine so far. I would suggest posting in the Chinese section, you might get more response from actual Chinese tractor owners.
by the way what are your plans for the tractor?
I hear an echo.

/ Jinma 164
Some light FEL work and mowing an acre and a half twice a year.

/ Jinma 164 #8  
Here's a related story from this morning:

A customer enters one of our dealerships with a Jinma 254 he had purchased about 1-2 years ago (reportedly for $12k+). The tractor has an obvious rear end issue (could be described as "growling"), and the Jinma dealer would not warranty the issue because they ridiculously declared it a "wear part" issue.

I called area auction house jockies and the highest expected sale price was $5,000 after repairs.
Take it for what it's worth...

/ Jinma 164 #10  
Unless you intend to keep it forever buy a name brand, Kubota, Kioti, Deere.

No offense, Kioti is not in the ballpark of Kubota/Deere. I have quite a bit of experience with all three.