Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Wanting to purchase

Default Re: Jinma 164

Thanks HustonJD, sure is food for thought !!!!!!!!

Tractor
    2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonJD View Post
    No offense, Kioti is not in the ballpark of kubota/Deere. I have quite a bit of experience with all three.
    Really.... you must be an expert, please share your wisdom and great knowledge.
    2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab, Loaded R4s, KL401 Loader with reversible cutting edge, KB2485 Backhoe with Mechanical Thumb, Everything Attachments 7 foot Deluxe 6 way Value Scrape Blade, Tirechains.com Duo Combo Ladder Rear Chains (If I ever need them)

Quote Originally Posted by grm61 View Post
    Really.... you must be an expert, please share your wisdom and great knowledge.
    I large portion of my job is to give trade values, insurance inspections, repair estimations, and retail values to tractors of any manufacturer usually ranging from 10-150 horse power. Probably to 60-80 tractors last year.

I'm not trying to come across as a know-it-all or a guru, I still learn something new every day. However, I have no personal stake in brand reputation, so I do not feel like I exhibit the same *rampant* confirmation bias that is expressed on this board (which I admit, I do have some biases).

My views are based solely on what I see every day on the job, which I also admit may not always be correct. I read some of the forum every once in a while, and never usually post. But when a kubota is being compared to a Jinma, I feel it's almost my moral obligation to say something.

Btw to the original poster, I just purchased that Jinma for $1750 and I sincerely feel really terrible for the guy.

Tractor
    nortrac nt254b

I think this model (164) is relatively new to the u.s. market, so that maybe why you haven`t gotten any replies on this model.
    I can`t help but think with only 16 h.p. your going to be short on power for brush cutting , and with the 4 ft bucket on the front end loader it`ll seem like your moving dirt a spoonful at a time. so I can`t help but think you`ll be wishin for something bigger.

Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company has the 164 listed on there web site , they might be able to answer your questions. hope this helps.

Tractor
    Wanting to purchase

Thanks, timinsanborn. What you say sounds true. I kind of thought it would be too underpowered. Always better to go over rather then under on something like this.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by RSKY View Post
    Unless you intend to keep it forever buy a name brand, kubota, Kioti, Deere.
    Keeping it forever won't help when you can't get parts.

China lives by their own rules.

Most companies will manufacture parts for products for years after it is discontinued(actually required by law in the United States and several other countries.

When China decides to discontinue a product line..........they stop all parts manufacturing immediately. So if you buy a Jinma today, and they stop production on it tomorrow...........you've got a problem 6 months down the road when you need parts.

That's why I try to steer people away from Chinese made products.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12