Comparison JD 5045 E vs Kubota MX4700E

/ JD 5045 E vs Kubota MX4700E #1  

Jmoore1197

Tractor
John Deere 5045E
I own a 10 acre small horse farm. First time buying a tractor. I'm sick of pushing and unloading round bales using my 4 wheeler!! I know very little about tractors other than I know I need one. Will be using it to stack round bales, light box blading, and bushhogging on some light to moderate hills. I am torn between the kubotA mx4700e and the John Deere 5045e. Both are 4 wheel drive. I would love to hear owners of these tractors pros and cons. I have found the prices to be somewhat comparable so initial price isn't too much of a deciding factor. Thanks for any input you guys could offer.

/ JD 5045 E vs Kubota MX4700E #2  
The Deere is quite a bit larger heavier and stronger than the MX. However the kubota is very strong for its size and has the option of gear or hst. I've double stacked 5x6 bales on my trailer with my MX kubota. Does pretty well as long as I keep a bale or heavy implement on the back. If I were going to be moving lots of round bales regularly I would want a bigger tractor. Probably even bigger than the 5045 Deere. For the rest of your tasks I would prefer the kubota personally.

/ JD 5045 E vs Kubota MX4700E
Interesting, I talked to the kubotA dealer today and they said the kubotA is heavier, stronger etc than the Deere but yes that was the kubotA dealer talking. That's why I'm here to get several opinions. Thanks for yours!! Love to hear from others.

/ JD 5045 E vs Kubota MX4700E #4  
The Deere is quite a bit larger heavier and stronger than the MX. However the kubota is very strong for its size and has the option of gear or hst. I've double stacked 5x6 bales on my trailer with my MX kubota. Does pretty well as long as I keep a bale or heavy implement on the back. If I were going to be moving lots of round bales regularly I would want a bigger tractor. Probably even bigger than the 5045 Deere. For the rest of your tasks I would prefer the kubota personally.

I agree, except I prefer the Deere.:D
I won't agree with the Kubota dealer.
Just looking at the spec. sheets: The deere weighs 5070lbs, The Kubota 3620lbs. The wheelbase is also different, with the Deere being 81in and Kubota being 74.6in.
If you want a Hydro trans, you won't find one in a 5E. The Kubota is smaller and more nimble. The 5E is more like a old school utility tractor, that compares more to a M series than a MX.
Check them both out. Like everything else, each has it's good and bad points depending on what you are trying to do.

Bill

/ JD 5045 E vs Kubota MX4700E #5  
If you like the MX4700 also check out the MX5100 - little more HP, few minor differences and does not cost much more. I also agree the Deere is heavier and larger, both are nice tractors and have their advantages. For my use the MX won out but not because there is a thing wrong with the Deere.

/ JD 5045 E vs Kubota MX4700E #6  
I own a MX5100 Kubota 4wd, the big brother to the 4700. It is a beast. 52 hp with a turbo.I chose gear drive because I'm old school. I like dedicated power. A really great tractor, for not much more money. Check it out if the 4700 is a bit weak. By the way, I will admit I ONLY buy Kubota. I respect the green guys, it's just what I prefer. Good luck.

/ JD 5045 E vs Kubota MX4700E #7  
John Deere is definitely the heavier tractor. Better for moving bales. I would compare a M series to it. And maybe load the tires either way you go. The extra weight of the front end loader puts more weight on the front axle.

/ JD 5045 E vs Kubota MX4700E

Thanks guys. Well def leaning more towards the Deere now or at least at the m series. My main problem is that I feel like I'm paying for that green paint a little more than I should be. The main reason I've been geared more toward the kubotA is because of the package deals a lot of dealers offer with the loader bushhog box blade and trailer. Wish Deere would offer that with the 5045. Also like the hydro feature but I could live without it I guess.

/ JD 5045 E vs Kubota MX4700E #10  
Any dealer should make a package deal.