Buying Advice What size Tractor do I really need?

/ What size Tractor do I really need? #1  

Deerlake

Tractor
None
I have five acres in Texas and I am not sure what size tractor I need to maintain the property. I will be shredding and using a FEL to move soil and cut trees.. Dealers are reccomending a 30hp ? Please help?

/ What size Tractor do I really need? #2  
30 HP with loader and accessories would work just fine for what you want to do.

/ What size Tractor do I really need?
How is the Maintenance on the Kubota and does it have a live PTO? This will be my first time operating a tractor. HST or Shuttle Shift? Thanks.

/ What size Tractor do I really need? #4  
Some people love HST. Others are happy shifting gears. My tractor is a manual shift like the cars I have been driving the past 35 years. If you don't like using a clutch then you might be more happy with a HST.

Pick a model of Kuboto for more feedback. They are a quite popular tractor. My 28 HP tractor with a loader does all that I need. I maintain 9 acres. I also mow another few acres along the road.

/ What size Tractor do I really need?
Thanks for the feed back!

/ What size Tractor do I really need? #6  
30 hp is where you wanna be for sure. If your main priority is loader work you'll definitely wanna HST.

/ What size Tractor do I really need? #7  
Remember for shredding 5hp for every foot of blade.

/ What size Tractor do I really need? #8  
go with a bx3030 Kubota cab for sure. we have one. You sure don't want a nest of wasps stinging you if you disturb them

/ What size Tractor do I really need? #9  
Just remember its cheaper to buy a big enough tractor(one that you will be happy with long term) the first time.

/ What size Tractor do I really need? #10  
rule of thumb in the farming industry is 10 hp per acre. So I would look at the 5000 series john deere too. we are using the 3030 to make ends meet