I need a used tractor for new land..help

/ I need a used tractor for new land..help #1  

ibskot

Tractor
none
I am buying almost 4 acres. It is currently raw and about 1/3 wooded. I have $3000 to spend. $3500 if it is a great deal. Here is what I want to do with it. 1. Initial bush hogging. 2. Auger for fence posts and fooyers for a building. 3. Maintain a garden at around 30x50 feet. 4. I'd like a FEL but I know my budget won't even snif one so a rear scoop pan will suffice. This will help me move gravel around. 5.I'd like to pulll small trailer for hay rides for the small kids. 6. Also, since this is raw land I want to be able to use a scrape...maybe a box scrape.
I am open to any suggestions. Budget is strict. I don't care if it is diesel or gas. I would prefer small to large.

Thanks a lot.

/ I need a used tractor for new land..help #2  
You can find deals on the b7100- b6100 series Kubotas. They are great rugged little tractors, good with 4' implements. You could also find an older 8n- 9n Ford, or a Farmall with implements. Deals can be had on MF 135s for 3500ish, even diesels too. They are all very capable, and would serve you well and usually in your price range.

/ I need a used tractor for new land..help #3  
I am buying almost 4 acres. It is currently raw and about 1/3 wooded. I have $3000 to spend. $3500 if it is a great deal. Here is what I want to do with it. 1. Initial bush hogging. 2. Auger for fence posts and fooyers for a building. 3. Maintain a garden at around 30x50 feet. 4. I'd like a FEL but I know my budget won't even snif one so a rear scoop pan will suffice. This will help me move gravel around. 5.I'd like to pulll small trailer for hay rides for the small kids. 6. Also, since this is raw land I want to be able to use a scrape...maybe a box scrape.
I am open to any suggestions. Budget is strict. I don't care if it is diesel or gas. I would prefer small to large.

Thanks a lot.
Ford 8n or ford 2000 tractors should get you in the ball park.

/ I need a used tractor for new land..help #4  
You need a old 2 wheel drive utility tractor.

/ I need a used tractor for new land..help #5  
Stay away from a 8n. Get something late 50's or newer. Ford 2000, MF 135 or something along those lines. You could also find a 80's compact like a yanmar, jd, or kubota.

/ I need a used tractor for new land..help #6  
Stay away from anything with a gear PTO...it's a royal PITA when you're brush hogging. I've actually gotten stuck in soft ground where I couldn't let the clutch out to move because the blades hit dirt hard enough to stall the engine. I had to get off, disconnect the PTO shaft, raise the hog, move, then reconnect the PTO shaft. The other thing is that you can't easily back into smaller spaces and keep the hog blades turning...as soon as you push in the clutch to stop, the blades stop as well, so you have to get it out of gear quickly, and get the clutch back out. In short, get something with a live or independent PTO!

/ I need a used tractor for new land..help #7  
20-30hp diesel.