Tractor
    none

Default I need a used tractor for new land..help

I am buying almost 4 acres. It is currently raw and about 1/3 wooded. I have $3000 to spend. $3500 if it is a great deal. Here is what I want to do with it. 1. Initial bush hogging. 2. Auger for fence posts and fooyers for a building. 3. Maintain a garden at around 30x50 feet. 4. I'd like a FEL but I know my budget won't even snif one so a rear scoop pan will suffice. This will help me move gravel around. 5.I'd like to pulll small trailer for hay rides for the small kids. 6. Also, since this is raw land I want to be able to use a scrape...maybe a box scrape.
    I am open to any suggestions. Budget is strict. I don't care if it is diesel or gas. I would prefer small to large.

Thanks a lot.

Tractor
    Ford/NH, Kubota

You can find deals on the b7100- b6100 series Kubotas. They are great rugged little tractors, good with 4' implements. You could also find an older 8n- 9n Ford, or a Farmall with implements. Deals can be had on MF 135s for 3500ish, even diesels too. They are all very capable, and would serve you well and usually in your price range.
    '95 Ford/NH 3930 mfwd
    '83 Ford 3610
    '94 Kubota B7100 mfwd HST
    '14 Ferris is700 61" Vanguard BB

Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

Default Re: I need a used tractor for new land..help

Quote Originally Posted by ibskot View Post
    I am buying almost 4 acres. It is currently raw and about 1/3 wooded. I have $3000 to spend. $3500 if it is a great deal. Here is what I want to do with it. 1. Initial bush hogging. 2. Auger for fence posts and fooyers for a building. 3. Maintain a garden at around 30x50 feet. 4. I'd like a FEL but I know my budget won't even snif one so a rear scoop pan will suffice. This will help me move gravel around. 5.I'd like to pulll small trailer for hay rides for the small kids. 6. Also, since this is raw land I want to be able to use a scrape...maybe a box scrape.
    I am open to any suggestions. Budget is strict. I don't care if it is diesel or gas. I would prefer small to large.

Thanks a lot.
    Ford 8n or ford 2000 tractors should get you in the ball park.
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

You need a old 2 wheel drive utility tractor.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Stay away from a 8n. Get something late 50's or newer. Ford 2000, MF 135 or something along those lines. You could also find a 80's compact like a yanmar, jd, or kubota.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Stay away from anything with a gear PTO...it's a royal PITA when you're brush hogging. I've actually gotten stuck in soft ground where I couldn't let the clutch out to move because the blades hit dirt hard enough to stall the engine. I had to get off, disconnect the PTO shaft, raise the hog, move, then reconnect the PTO shaft. The other thing is that you can't easily back into smaller spaces and keep the hog blades turning...as soon as you push in the clutch to stop, the blades stop as well, so you have to get it out of gear quickly, and get the clutch back out. In short, get something with a live or independent PTO!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1900 Ford

20-30hp diesel.