Comparison Kubota M5700 vs Kioti DK 55

/ Kubota M5700 vs Kioti DK 55 #1  

snix

Tractor
Kubota
I'm looking to help my Dad purchase a newer cab tractor to bush hog and take care of his 65 acre farm. We were wanting a cab tractor mainly because of heat and dust and he's 72. I found a Kioti DK 55 and a Kubota M5700 both with cab loader and 4x4 and both around 1700 hrs and within a thousand dollars of each other. I know the Kubota is a lil more HP, a lil lighter, but wider and longer. Can anyone offer an opinion on what they wld do in my situation, since we have never owned either brand. We have a dealer for both within 30 miles, and one more thing, we will be looking to purchase a backhoe attachment for what ever we buy, thx for any help.

/ Kubota M5700 vs Kioti DK 55 #2  
personally im a kubota man.so id say go with the kubota.but drive both tractors an see wich 1 fitts you the best.

/ Kubota M5700 vs Kioti DK 55
Thx bigbull338, that's kinda my issue, is there both quit a distance away in opposite directions, just hate to spend all that time and gas checking them out. Thx for the help.

/ Kubota M5700 vs Kioti DK 55 #4  
If your adding a BH you better go with hydraulic output and weight.

/ Kubota M5700 vs Kioti DK 55 #5  
Does your dad have a tractor now? Are both of the tractor gear or hst, does he prefer one over the other?

/ Kubota M5700 vs Kioti DK 55 #6  
Thx bigbull338, that's kinda my issue, is there both quit a distance away in opposite directions, just hate to spend all that time and gas checking them out. Thx for the help.
Better to check them BOTH OUT.Remember they are quite a investment,better safe than sorry.With that said I have owned 2 kioti tractors one was a 2008 DK 40se the other just bought 2012 DK40se cab model.Both have been problem free.

Last edited:
   / Kubota M5700 vs Kioti DK 55 #7  
Kubota does show a couple of grand difference in resale value to it's credit over the kioti.

/ Kubota M5700 vs Kioti DK 55 #8  
I'm sorry, I don't want to sound pompous, but this isn't even a sound comparison.

Call any used equipment manager at a larger dealer (whether it be NH ,JD ,Kubota) and they will tell you the same thing, there is a reason why Kioti trade values are nothing but atrocious in most markets.