Comparison Finally decided on a brand and the reasons for the choice.

/ Finally decided on a brand and the reasons for the choice. #11  
Wagtail, you can do it, it is not really that hard. Just like anything, if you have never done it, then you are apprehensive about it. Once you have completed the service, you'll think "that wasn't that bad" :D :thumbsup:

My dealer is 650 miles away, the only time that I have gone there is to buy a new tractor. :cool:

Ta, Mate. There's a first time for everything and I reckon I'm ready. With the good help of TBN I started a thread a few months ago asking what tools & such I should get for for my 'Maintenance Shed'. The response was great (I think someone mentioned they were going to print the list off & use it as a Christmas/birthday list!) and I've managed to accumulate most of the suggested tools/gadgets. As we say down here, "She'll be right Mate."

Actually, this brings up a point to pass on to "Newbies". You're going to need to budget for the tools to maintain your rig... I remember when my manual said to torque my wheels at the 10hr. mark... I had to make a trip into town to buy a torque wrench. I use it often now.

Mind you, the worst thing is going into the hardware shop for just ONE THING, then coming out with an armfull of things I never knew I needed! :rolleyes:

/ Finally decided on a brand and the reasons for the choice. #12  
SingerToo, Congratulations on your new tractor! Being from Maine I recognize all the dealers you mentioned and agree they all have a great reputation. I went to Hammond Tractor to buy a Deere. Seems they sell both Deere and Kubota it was nice to be able to shop and compare. After talking with the saleman, He actually talked me into the Bota. I am very happy with it and I am sure I would have been happy with the Deere also. As far as as I am concerned the color and name make no difference as long as you are happy with your purchase. I have a neighbor that bought a Deere the same day at the same dealer from the same salesman. He is very happy with his purchase also. But I will admit, we enjoy harrassing each other about our choice of brands.

/ Finally decided on a brand and the reasons for the choice. #13  
It only takes 1 time with a bad dealer for you to find out how important a good one is. I can testify to that. I had a case 75c (Same as a T4.75) spent more time in shop than it did in my barn, my dealer was not very helpful. Tractor is now gone, went back to my New Holland dealer.

/ Finally decided on a brand and the reasons for the choice. #14  
Congratulations on your new tractor.

/ Finally decided on a brand and the reasons for the choice. #15  
Congrats and long tractoring