New Tractor Purchase

/ New Tractor Purchase #1  

Tobyone

Tractor
2012 Kubota B3200 HSD w/ FEL, 60 in mid mount mower and 60 in box blade
Good Afternoon,

I am a new member to TractorByNet and this is my first posting. I have read man of your reviews over the past few months and I have quickly realized there is a lot of tractors owners that area very knowledgeable. I am looking for your assistance and your expert opinion's on the purchase of a compact tractor. I thank you for your patience but I feel it is necessary for me to provide your with a little back ground first. I live in West Michigan in a rural area with 3 acres which is adjacent to 20 acres of woods owned by one of my neighbors. I also have a 12 x 400 ft. driveway which is constructed of 22-A slag. My lawn is only an 1/2 acre which I cut with a self propelled mower, mainly for exercise. My yard and home is surrounded by 2 plus acres of woods with 50 to 125 ft tall Oak, Maple and Beech trees. I also cut and split my own fire wood and burn 3 cords of wood a year. Over the past 6 years since building our home I have been blessed with the use of our Company 2002? New Holland TC33D tractor with FEL and Box blade. I use the tractor for an average of one week a year, however it is seldom available. I have also rented several Kubota tractors over the years for landscaping and was pleased with the tractor. The tractor that I would like to purchase within the next few weeks will be used for current and additional landscaping, removal of trees, fire wood, driveway grading, snow removal, etc. I have been looking at tractors for a few years and had definitely decided on a compact tractor 28 to 32 HP. It is not necessary to have a new tractor and a used tractor in excellent or mint condition would be fine.

One of the tractors that I have a current interest was listed on Craigslist and was originally listed as a 2011 Kubota B3200 with 25 Hours, FEL, 60 inch mower deck and (loaded) Turf tires. I test drove this tractor on Friday and inquiring further about the warranty, the present owner called the Kubota dealership where he purchased it from in June 2012. He was informed that the tractor was not a 2011 but a 2012. Based upon the serial number I have since received verification from the Kubota dealership that this is a 2012 tractor. Before the present owner realized it was a 2012 model, I was able to negotiate a price for $16,300.00 for the Kubota B-3200 tractor with loaded Turf tires. , FEL with quick release bucket, grill guard, rear lights and a 60inch mid mount mower deck. This tractor is a in Mint Condition and the present owner has basically used it for the last year to cut his lawn and used the FEL to move a little snow this past winter. The tractor has very few hours on the FEL. However, the sale is pending and will depend on if I can use Turf Tires in the woods of if I need to purchase a tractor with R4 tires.

I also stopped at a dealership and had them quote me a price for a new tractor with the same options and with Kubota $1000 discount and rebates it would be $20,800.00 which is $4500 more than the 2012 Kubota B3200 with 25 Hours. If I purchase this used Kubota B3200 I would remove the mower deck as I will not be using it to cut out lawn with it. I would most likely sell it or see if I can trade it into Kubota for a box blade and eventually a front mount snow blower. Since Friday, I have found a Kubota dealer that listed a 2012 or 2013 Kubota B3200 with 1 HR use. The Kubota has an FEL and R-4 tires for $16,000 ( cash Price) plus tax $16,960.00 The dealership was not open due to the July 4th Holiday and I can not tell you if the tires were loaded or if it has a quick release bucket.

I have a couple of concerns? Fist of all can I use Turf Tires in the woods?The woods are leaf covered and mostly open with a few logs and of course has brush in some areas. I have a small hill on my property which is basically high and dry with no SWAMPS. Secondly, will the Kubota B3200 be able to pick up 16 inch to 24 inch diameter logs x 4 ft length. The reason that I ask this? I have noticed in your forum several had mentioned that the Kubota B-3200 is too lights and is only 1734Lbs w/O an FEL or loaded tires. the FEL. Will the Kubota B3200 be ok if had loaded had tires, and a 60 in box blade ( 500lbs) on the back. I also understand if I purchase new, competitors such as New Holland list their Boomer 30 Tractor weight at around 3100 Lbs and the Mahindra 3016 at around 2400 lbs. Once again thank you for your assistance.

God Bless,

Tobyone

/ New Tractor Purchase #2  
Good Afternoon,

I am a new member to TractorByNet and this is my first posting. I have read man of your reviews over the past few months and I have quickly realized there is a lot of tractors owners that area very knowledgeable. I am looking for your assistance and your expert opinion's on the purchase of a compact tractor. I thank you for your patience but I feel it is necessary for me to provide your with a little back ground first.

I live in West Michigan in a rural area with 3 acres which is adjacent to 20 acres of woods owned by one of my neighbors. I also have a 12 x 400 ft. driveway which is constructed of 22-A slag. My lawn is only an 1/2 acre which I cut with a self propelled mower, mainly for exercise. My yard and home is surrounded by 2 plus acres of woods with 50 to 125 ft tall Oak, Maple and Beech trees.

I also cut and split my own fire wood and burn 3 cords of wood a year. Over the past 6 years since building our home I have been blessed with the use of our Company 2002? New Holland TC33D tractor with FEL and Box blade. I use the tractor for an average of one week a year, however it is seldom available. I have also rented several Kubota tractors over the years for landscaping and was pleased with the tractor.

The tractor that I would like to purchase within the next few weeks will be used for current and additional landscaping, removal of trees, fire wood, driveway grading, snow removal, etc. I have been looking at tractors for a few years and had definitely decided on a compact tractor 28 to 32 HP. It is not necessary to have a new tractor and a used tractor in excellent or mint condition would be fine.

One of the tractors that I have a current interest was listed on Craigslist and was originally listed as a 2011 Kubota B3200 with 25 Hours, FEL, 60 inch mower deck and (loaded) Turf tires. I test drove this tractor on Friday and inquiring further about the warranty, the present owner called the Kubota dealership where he purchased it from in June 2012.

He was informed that the tractor was not a 2011 but a 2012. Based upon the serial number I have since received verification from the Kubota dealership that this is a 2012 tractor. Before the present owner realized it was a 2012 model, I was able to negotiate a price for $16,300.00 for the Kubota B-3200 tractor with loaded Turf tires. , FEL with quick release bucket, grill guard, rear lights and a 60inch mid mount mower deck.

This tractor is a in Mint Condition and the present owner has basically used it for the last year to cut his lawn and used the FEL to move a little snow this past winter. The tractor has very few hours on the FEL. However, the sale is pending and will depend on if I can use Turf Tires in the woods of if I need to purchase a tractor with R4 tires.

I also stopped at a dealership and had them quote me a price for a new tractor with the same options and with Kubota $1000 discount and rebates it would be $20,800.00 which is $4500 more than the 2012 Kubota B3200 with 25 Hours. If I purchase this used Kubota B3200 I would remove the mower deck as I will not be using it to cut out lawn with it.

I would most likely sell it or see if I can trade it into Kubota for a box blade and eventually a front mount snow blower. Since Friday, I have found a Kubota dealer that listed a 2012 or 2013 Kubota B3200 with 1 HR use. The Kubota has an FEL and R-4 tires for $16,000 ( cash Price) plus tax $16,960.00 The dealership was not open due to the July 4th Holiday and I can not tell you if the tires were loaded or if it has a quick release bucket.

I have a couple of concerns? Fist of all can I use Turf Tires in the woods?The woods are leaf covered and mostly open with a few logs and of course has brush in some areas. I have a small hill on my property which is basically high and dry with no SWAMPS.

Secondly, will the Kubota B3200 be able to pick up 16 inch to 24 inch diameter logs x 4 ft length. The reason that I ask this? I have noticed in your forum several had mentioned that the Kubota B-3200 is too lights and is only 1734Lbs w/O an FEL or loaded tires. the FEL.

Will the Kubota B3200 be ok if had loaded had tires, and a 60 in box blade ( 500lbs) on the back. I also understand if I purchase new, competitors such as New Holland list their Boomer 30 Tractor weight at around 3100 Lbs and the Mahindra 3016 at around 2400 lbs. Once again thank you for your assistance.

God Bless,

Tobyone

A bit more spacing.

/ New Tractor Purchase #3  
Good Afternoon,

I have a couple of concerns? Fist of all can I use Turf Tires in the woods?The woods are leaf covered and mostly open with a few logs and of course has brush in some areas. I have a small hill on my property which is basically high and dry with no SWAMPS. Secondly, will the Kubota B3200 be able to pick up 16 inch to 24 inch diameter logs x 4 ft length. The reason that I ask this? I have noticed in your forum several had mentioned that the Kubota B-3200 is too lights and is only 1734Lbs w/O an FEL or loaded tires. the FEL. Will the Kubota B3200 be ok if had loaded had tires, and a 60 in box blade ( 500lbs) on the back. I also understand if I purchase new, competitors such as New Holland list their Boomer 30 Tractor weight at around 3100 Lbs and the Mahindra 3016 at around 2400 lbs. Once again thank you for your assistance.

God Bless,

Tobyone

Welcome and lets get to some of your concerns. First off the Mahindra and the Boomer you mention are in another class size and weight wise so there is no fair comparison. You do not mention the type of wood but if we take the largest size (24") and a heavy wood (oak), that 4 ft log would come in somewhere around 800lbs. The B3200 is alleged to be able to pick up that and with loaded tires and perhaps some ballast while carrying it low, you shouldn't have a problem. Now for the tires: You can certainly do woods work with turfs however a great investment for them would be tire chains. You'll gain more traction and just as importantly, some added armoring for the tires themselves as well as some additional ballast. A set of 2 links for your size tire would work and be cheaper than new ind. tires.

/ New Tractor Purchase
Arrow,

Thanks for the tip. By the sound of it, I would be better off purchasing a Kubota B3200 HSD with R-4 tires if I will be working in the woods. I would also suspect that the R-4 tires will provide more traction n the snow.

Tobone

/ New Tractor Purchase #5  
Before you buy anything, I'd take the quick trip up to J&J Farm sales in Muskegon, and look at the LS line of tractors. For less money than what you were quoted for a new B3200, you could get an LS R3039H, that has a much more powerful loader (max lift of 2,250 to full height at the pins), dual rear remotes, QA bucket, rear work light, adjustable lift arms and stabilizers, etc, etc. Granted, the LS is a bigger machine, and you'd expect more capability, but it's over twice the lifting capacity, which is going to come in really handy as soon as you start moving wood/trees. I'm not remotely anti-Kubota, but they're not cheap! I'd also take a look and see if there's a Kioti dealer in the area...another great tractor with really impressive features for the price.

/ New Tractor Purchase #6  
Before you buy anything, I'd take the quick trip up to J&J Farm sales in Muskegon, and look at the LS line of tractors. For less money than what you were quoted for a new B3200, you could get an LS R3039H, that has a much more powerful loader (max lift of 2,250 to full height at the pins), dual rear remotes, QA bucket, rear work light, adjustable lift arms and stabilizers, etc, etc. Granted, the LS is a bigger machine, and you'd expect more capability, but it's over twice the lifting capacity, which is going to come in really handy as soon as you start moving wood/trees. I'm not remotely anti-Kubota, but they're not cheap! I'd also take a look and see if there's a Kioti dealer in the area...another great tractor with really impressive features for the price.

Now your talking!

/ New Tractor Purchase #7  
It sounds like you are on the right track. I was going to suggest a B3200 sized tractor. R4's would be the best tire for going in the woods. The are more puncture resistant than turfs or ags.You could use turfs in the woods but be very very careful. Most dealers will load the tires on a new tractor for free. With any tractor you need a good ballast on the back of when you are using the loader. Something like a box blade would work good. I don't know if it would lift the log on the loader or not. I think it would. You could also lift it on the 3PH. If you are thinking snowblower you may want to think cab. Also on a B3200 you can get the B3030 wheels and tires which are basically L3200 wheels and tires. They look really nice on the B3200 and will hold more fluid. The Mahindra 3016 is comparable to a Kubota L3200 and JD 30302e. I think a Mahindra Max 28 is comparable to a B3200.

/ New Tractor Purchase #8  
A bit 'o paragragh spacin' never hurt anyone.

/ New Tractor Purchase #9  
It sounds like you are on the right track. I was going to suggest a B3200 sized tractor. R4's would be the best tire for going in the woods. The are more puncture resistant than turfs or ags.

You could use turfs in the woods but be very very careful. Most dealers will load the tires on a new tractor for free. With any tractor you need a good ballast on the back of when you are using the loader. Something like a box blade would work good. I don't know if it would lift the log on the loader or not. I think it would. You could also lift it on the 3PH.

If you are thinking snowblower you may want to think cab. Also on a B3200 you can get the B3030 wheels and tires which are basically L3200 wheels and tires. They look really nice on the B3200 and will hold more fluid. The Mahindra 3016 is comparable to a Kubota L3200 and JD 30302e. I think a Mahindra Max 28 is comparable to a B3200.

Try it....