Mahindra vs Kubota

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #11  
One of the things that sold me on the 5035 was tire size. Industrial 16.9Lx24 rears and huge 14x17.5's 37" tall on the front. Small diameter front tires tend to just push stuff around. The larger diameter helps rolling over stuff out in the woods plus works nice in the deep snow. But, take your time looking... it's like picking a wife..... :)

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #12  
I vote Kubota because of their track record and resale. The MX5100 is proven. :2cents:

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #13  
The Kubota owners will tell you what's good about their brand and the Mahindra folks will do the same for theirs. Some will even give their opinion about what's wrong with the other brand, which may or may not be factual. I think you'd find either tractor would do every one of the tasks you asked of it and hold up well for a long time. Which one you buy gets down to personal preference. If you like the features of one vs. the other, your decision is obvious. You might get more tractor for your money with the Mahindra since they are a less established brand in the US. As for size, you say you're doing this to downsize, so finding a tractor that easily handles your work without being larger than necessary would seem to make sense. But if the idea of having something bigger just for its own sake still resonates with you, you've got a good choice for that as well.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #14  
I'd prefer the Mahindra. I almost bought the same tractor then decided to hold off because I think it would have been a compromise purchase (trying to do to much with one tractor).

But like LD1 in post 10 said the Mahindra may be too heavy? That is the only downside I could see for you as that is usually a positive.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #15  
The Kubota will have (much) higher resale value, parts/service availability, and is likely to have less problems over time.

If you really think that both would be adequate for your needs, I would get the Kubota.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #16  
That might be true and may not be. Mahindra isn't a grey market tractor and is the largest manufacture of tractors in the world.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #17  
I am also in the market for a tractor and have been carefully considering these two brands (Mahindra and Kubota). I also looked at the Deeres in person and researched as many other here as I could.

I put a deposit (more to come in a future thread) on a Mahindra last week up near Scranton, PA at Wallace Tractor & Equipment. A little far for both of us (we are NE of Philly) but was impressed with Rick and Amy and their price was comparable to the other quotes I received plus they were able to get me a good equipment trailer at the same time.

Question: what dealers are you working with and how have you found their service? It has been repeated here how important a dealer is and I have found little input on dealers in the greater Philadelphia or even SE PA area. I also really liked Histands in Doylestown but felt I was getting much more machine for the money in a Mahindra over a Kubota.

I will not try to steer you either way as I do not have firsthand ownership experience but I do think from the dealers I have met and research I have done the Mahindra's are good quality, hold their value, and are readily serviceable. They are heavy though! But that can be a very good thing and what I was looking for.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #18  
Mahindra is the largest tractor manufacture in the world, or so I've heard. But Kubota is much larger in the USA.

Now I like Mahindra, but I like Kubota a little better.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #19  
Yes... and Mahindra auto also sells more cars than Porsche world wide. It really isn't really something dealers take into the equation.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #20  
I think it's going to take you test driving them both to make your decision. Both are good tractors. Neither choice will probably be wrong.