Mahindra vs Kubota

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #31  
I recently bought and looked at JD,NH, Mahindra, Kubota and Kioti. All were in the 55 HP range. Kioti was comparable in price to the NH and Mahindra. NH was $400 less than the Mahindra. JD was the next in price and the Kubota was the highest priced. All the brands except Kioti wanted $800 to $1000 to install a second set of HD remotes. Kioti appeared to be the equal of Kubota in fit and finish and it came with two sets of remote standard. I bought Kioti DK55. I also like the rear TPH operating lever that lets you raise and lower the TPH while attaching equipment.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota
Mike: I have gotten quotes from both Stoltzfus and Hoober. I like both: Stoltzfus is closer but Hoober has given me great service on my IH 574RC for the past decade or so.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #33  
Have you ever considered a Cab Tractor? Cool and clean in the summer, and warm and dry in the winter?
You said you hadn't looked into Kioti..
You were concerned about the tilt wheel and parking Brake;)
The Kioti DK series Cab tractors have the following items as STANDARD EQUIPMENT..Heat, Air conditioning, Cruise control, Tilt wheel, Am/Fm CD player, Cell phone holder, charging outlet, front and rear wiper/washers, Work lights up on the cab front and rear, fold down sun visor, turn signals, 4 ways, nice set of mirrors, plus rear view mirror, Adjustable suspension seat, 3 cup holders, storage cubby, 2 rear Hyd outlets, telescopic lift arms on the three point, a lever at back by 3 point to raise or lower while hooking up, oh,and a parking brake:D.

The lift capacity on the DK series loader (KL401) is 2700 lbs.

Enough of my rant, but I'd be willing to bet that by the time you put a loader on the open station Kubota, you would be similar money for a loaded Cab Kioti with loader.

Just food for thought...

I just bought a DK45SE HST Cab and am very impressed with it so far.
Lot of tractor for the money.

bills truck grandma and christy 055.jpgbills truck grandma and christy 056.jpgbills truck grandma and christy 054.jpg

Hear is something else to think about, my tractor was manufactured in 2013 but is still tier 3 emissions.. mechanical injection, no catalytic converter, just a muffler...
A guy could still work on it himself if you ever needed to.

No high pressure common rail injection with all the electronic hocus pocus with regen and egr cooler, dpf filter, catalitic converter etc.

The tier 4 units will also use more fuel as they use diesel to burn the soot out of the dpf filter.

When these tier 3 left overs are gone that's it, then its all tier four with all that fun emission control stuff.

I don't know what stage Mahindra and Kubota are in with their emission controls, but it would be something I would recommend looking into with any brand of tractor you may consider.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra vs Kubota
I use the tractor a lot in the woodlot. The cab would be a real detriment in the woods. Nice plush looking tractor you have. Would be great in the winter with snow and when I move about 200 cubic yards of mushroom soil over the gardens each year.

The Kubota is tier 4 and the Mahindra is tier 3. Don't know who makes the Mahindra diesel engine.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #35  
I vote Kubota because of their track record and resale. The MX5100 is proven. :2cents:

On resale I'd have to agree. As an auctioneer I can tell you nothing holds its resale value like a Kubota or a Deere.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota
Well just to wind up this thread I would like to thank all the responders. It helped to read what you said and I have made my choice. What I wanted was a 40+ hp PTO and a hydro transmission tractor. I was not looking for lots of bells and whistles. Price was important. I drove both the Mahindra and the Kubota. Both were nice tractors but the buckets on the front end loaders were marginal. I was surprised at the price quotes. I had a IH574RC tractor with FEL to trade and I was looking to down size. The best Mahindra quote was $2322 more than the best Kubota quote. The Kubota dealer liked the trade best. I chose the Kubota with Ag tires and FEL with a larger bucket, fewer trips with the mushroom compost. It is lighter but will have fluid in the tires. Thanks again for the words of wisdom.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #37  
I'm sure that you will like the Kubota, but on the subject of filling the tires, make sure that they use Rim Guard or some other non corrosive ballast liquid to protect your rims from corrosion. Even though it's in the tube, sometime if you get a flat, the rim will be exposed and when its repaired there will be the ballast material between the tube and tire after the repair just rusting the rim away.:duh:

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #38  
Corl - good luck and let's see some pictures!

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #39  
Congrats on the new tractor. That MX5100HST is EXACTLY what I'd buy if I didn't want a cab so much. I think it's the best bang-for-the-buck in Kubota's lineup.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota
I will send pictures. Scheduled for delivery at the end of July. They have the tractor but need the Ag tires, loader and bucket. The bucket is .78 cubic yards vs the standard bucket that comes with the tractor at .48 cu yds. Wanted a smaller tractor but not a smaller bucket. I think this bucket will be a bit bigger than the one on the IH574. Its used to move mushroom compost, among other things.

I'm confident that they know what fluid to put in the tires. Hoober Inc is a large multi location dealership that sells and services some real tractors and farm equipment.