Mahindra vs Kubota

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #1  

corl

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota MX5100 HST, 1989 Kubota F2100
Well I never thought I would be looking at a Indian made tractor. I always thought I would buy a Kubota. I have a Kubota F2100 machine that I bought new 25 years ago and its a great mowing, snow removal machine. I have a 35 yr old IH 574 RC that I will be trading in on a hydrostatic drive tractor. I need at least 40 PTO hp. I am down sizing but going to 4wd. I mow pasture and lawn, work a woodlot and do a market garden with a tiller, row bedder etc.
I am going to buy a Kubota MX5100 hydro or a Mahindra 5035 hydro. Both with Ag tires and a FEL. The Mahindra comes standard with rear outlets, parking brake and tilt steering wheel ( not sure if Kubota has the latter two) It is slightly bigger (bigger tires and a few inches wider) and a good bit heavier. Price is pretty close. I will be getting a custom bucket for the FEL on the Mahindra as the one supplied is too shallow for my likes. The dealers are all good ones, the red tractor has a better warranty. I have yet to drive the Kubota. The Mahindra seems like a nice tractor. Seems to be a little more tractor than the Kubota. Minor increases in lifting capacity. I need to make a decision but I don't see that I can go wrong with either tractor...

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #2  
I am pretty sure that just about all tractors have some type of parking brake. Good luck in the ' looking ', and take your time.... It is probably the best part of buying a new tractor, with the final decision and the money part the worst... So, enjoy..!!!!!! :)

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #3  
Do you have a Kioti dealer near you?

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #4  
Well I never thought I would be looking at a Indian made tractor. I always thought I would buy a Kubota. I have a Kubota F2100 machine that I bought new 25 years ago and its a great mowing, snow removal machine. I have a 35 yr old IH 574 RC that I will be trading in on a hydrostatic drive tractor. I need at least 40 PTO hp. I am down sizing but going to 4wd. I mow pasture and lawn, work a woodlot and do a market garden with a tiller, row bedder etc.
I am going to buy a Kubota MX5100 hydro or a Mahindra 5035 hydro. Both with Ag tires and a FEL. The Mahindra comes standard with rear outlets, parking brake and tilt steering wheel ( not sure if Kubota has the latter two) It is slightly bigger (bigger tires and a few inches wider) and a good bit heavier. Price is pretty close. I will be getting a custom bucket for the FEL on the Mahindra as the one supplied is too shallow for my likes. The dealers are all good ones, the red tractor has a better warranty. I have yet to drive the Kubota. The Mahindra seems like a nice tractor. Seems to be a little more tractor than the Kubota. Minor increases in lifting capacity. I need to make a decision but I don't see that I can go wrong with either tractor...
Call Mahindra customer service in tomball texas and ask a few questions about 5035 before you choose.You might be surprised.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota
What questions should I ask? It sounds like you are telling me something but I don't know to ask the right questions. Am I going to be pleasantly surprised or disappointed surprised?

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #6  
Mahindra makes a good tractor, but I liked Kubota much better when I was shopping. I also have a 30 year track record with Kubota, bought my first in 1983...

Buy the one you like best...

/ Mahindra vs Kubota
Nearest dealer is about 50 miles away. I'm afraid I know very little about Kioti.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #8  
What questions should I ask? It sounds like you are telling me something but I don't know to ask the right questions. Am I going to be pleasantly surprised or disappointed surprised?
To put it lightly when I contacted Mahindra customer service to ask a few questions about a Mahindra tractor I was about to purchase there anwsers were a JOKE.I ended up buying a Kioti tractor.If I were you stick with Kubota.coobie

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #9  
Was ready to buy the mahindra 5035 over the kubota mx 5100 , just did not like the hydro pedal on the 5100 and it just seemed cheap. the 5035 was heavier and came standard with items that would have cost more on the 5100, making the 5035 cheaper, that was before I test drove a kubota grand l 5740 and was convinced that that was the tractor for me, was hard to convince myself to spend around $6000 more for a tractor than the other two I was looking at but planned on keeping it for a long time and decided the extra features were worth it.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota #10  
The mahindra is ALOT bigger tractor. Almost 2000lbs heavier. That would concern me on the lawn, but for brute force, lifting, and pulling....weight is a good thing.

IT seems to me though, that most of the tasks you describe, the weight would be a bad thing. (mowing, tilling, etc)

Hard to pick one though. as they arent really apples to apples other than HP