Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

Default Re: kubota vs. Kioti?

I have orange wheels, so there :-)~

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

They don't call my LS "The Korean Zombie" for nothing....

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    They don't call my LS "The Korean Zombie" for nothing....
    what does LS stand for anyway?
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    what does LS stand for anyway?
    Mine says "LS Leading Solutions" on the hood. I've never noticed Leading Solutions listed on any of the literature, or websites, but I haven't really looked for it either. R,

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

According to Wikipedia:

LS Group is a Korean chaebol (conglomerate). It is composed of LS Corp. (see below), Gaon Cable, E1 (LPG), YESCO (LNG) and LS Asset Management (formerly Delta Asset). "LS Corp." is a holding company, which comprises LS Cable & System (power & communications cables), LS Industrial Systems (electrical equipment & automation systems), LS-Nikko Copper (copper smelter & refiner) and LS Mtron (machinery & components).

LS Group was spun off from LG Group in 2003. LS Group and its subsidiaries have approximately (USD)$25.2 billion in revenue worldwide with about 100 subsidiaries in 25 countries. The company is controlled by the Koo family, the founding family of LG Group.

LS means "Leading Solution"
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Many

Doesn't LG stand for Life's Good? I have their washers and dryers (2 sets). They have worked flawlessly.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post
    Doesn't LG stand for Life's Good? I have their washers and dryers (2 sets). They have worked flawlessly.
    Officially, I believe it is Lucky Goldstar, but they certainly advertise using the Life's Good moniker.

"As you go through life, make this your goal: watch the donut, not the hole"

Kubota B7800
    BH-75A Backhoe
    Rhino 60'' finish mower

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Tractor data has some info on LS

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-trac...-tractors.html

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet

Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeInEburg View Post
    Officially, I believe it is Lucky Goldstar, but they certainly advertise using the Life's Good moniker.
    I think they started out as Goldstar. They use to be famous for low end electronics. At some point in time they became Lucky Goldstar before being shortened to LG. I think they used the "Life's Good" and I think "Liquid Gold". I also got a set of LG Washer (top load without the center post) and Dryer. Worked fine so far.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3540 HSTC-3, LA724 Loader, 1 Front & 3 Rear Remotes, Loaded R4 Tires, Front & Rear LED Lights, 72" Land Pride Box Blade

Wow a lot of good reading! I was set to pull the trigger on a Kioti Dk40se HST, loader, loaded r4 tires and two rear remotes, also would come with 50 service or filters and fluids to DIY. Dealer is about 140 miles and price includes shipping. I have four other Kioti dealers within an hour from my house also but only really care for one of them but his prices were a little high. The best price I ended up with was $21,250 out the door plus I could purchase a tooth bar and pallet forks for cost.
    I started out wanting a kubota (b-series) but the 1/4" valve ended that and then one thing lead to another as far as size of the tractor goes and I started looking at other sizes (kioti and Kubota L series) ect. This past Friday I figured I'd give Kubota one last look ONLY because I think a Kioti DK40 will be just a little bit to big physically and the Kioti CK35 being just a little bit to small. Just can't really figure out which one I'd be better off going with. I do take into account that the tractor might get small after a few weeks of use. The Kubota that I saw on Friday was a L3540 HST + (Cab model) with the LA725 loader2 rear remotes and loaded r4 tires delivered to my house (20 mins away) for $30,258 out the door. Really good dealer.
    The reason I like the Kubota is it SEEMs like its a little smaller than the dk40 and a little bigger than the ck35 as far as physical size goes. The cab on the Kubota seems smaller than the Kioti which is good for me. I really don't like the size of the Kioti cab and I will end up using the tractor in the woods in the future.
    I understand the pros and cons on these tractors but I'm still torn, money isn't not an issue here, I will buy once and cry once. I like the feeling in the Kubota as far as seeing the front end ect, the Kioti dk40 loader arms are kinda in the way ( for me, mabe with time I'd get used to it?). But even this I like the feeling of inside the Kubota I think the Kioti handles a little better and deep down I really like the Kioti. Kioti TO ME felt like it was built a little better.
    Good thing is my wife is behind me all the way. She is even encouraging me to buy a cab model if I go with Kioti and also wants me to purchase a BH. I want a BH and have the $$$ but just don't want to spend it on one. BH for Kioti would be $7,500 KB2485 ($8,750 for a Woods BH90x) or $10,000 for Kubota BH92

Still confused as **** as to what to go with. Will be using it to lift logs (average weight about 1000 lbs each) into a stand to cut for firewood, general work around the property and would LIKE to mow if it wasn't to heavy ( that's where the Kubota looks appealing, but Kioti for the logs).

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast