kubota vs. Kioti?

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #191  
I use the float function almost every time I use the loader. it's great for whenever your scoping up debris, you can just float the bucket edge on the ground in drive along well scooping. it's also fundamental for back dragging when you want a very smooth feathered surface.
I do all of the above often with my loader.
I can do it faster, easier, better when I'm not using float.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #192  
A must for what.
I never use the float feature.
Tried using it several times, but don't get the point of it myself.

Oh, wow, I have spent hundreds of hours in float... mostly backdragging. Backdragging is the poor mans "blade".. You can spread a lot a materiel going backwards and smoothing by backdragging. Instead of trying to constantly monitor your down pressure in "powered down mode". You just float the bucket as you go backward and let the weight smooth the material.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #193  
Yep, I use float about any time I use the FEL, sometimes I put material in the bucket for weight, other times vary the angle of the bucket.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #194  
My Kioti drops at some controlled rate, not like a rock. I characterize it as a soft landing, guessing it drops at < 1 foot per second. I can lower faster by overtly actuating the hydraulics to go down just short of float. Then it will drop very fast, depending on RPMs. No matter really, float is float. And it's a must.

Then it appears your CK is different then my DK35se, because if I push into detented float my KL351 loader will drop like a rock. I have to make sure I power down to near the ground than push into float, else the bucket will hit the ground with a bang. On previous Kubota's it would go down rapidly, but in a controlled manner, maybe 2 seconds from top of hood height to ground.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #195  
I use float a lot also, especially when backdragging driveway and our neighborhood lane. My L3800 hisses and drops smoothly when floated from several feet. I usually angle the bucket to get whatever bite is necessary for spreading dirt and gravel.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #196  
Float:

scooping material on hard surfaces
backdragging
digging at constant depth
Soft yet "fast" landing when using forks or carrying delicate loads

Everybody has their own way of doing things. For me float is a big asset.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #197  
Float is also pretty trivial to implement. A $50ish module (retail, probably half that or less OEM when they build the tractor) for many standard valves. It doesn't require any extra hoses or anything, so there is very little reason for them not to install one.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #198  
I pulled the trigger on the Kubota L3540-3 HSTC today. Has the LA724 ssqa 72" bucket, they'll weld 4 hooks on it. R4 loaded tires, two rear remotes and the front 3rd function remote (all installed by the dealer). I could have also purchased the rear lights and wiper at dealer cost like the remotes but didnt feal I need them. He said if I change my mind to let him know. Ill add an after market radio myself. Will be delivered the end of next week.
I also received everything for the first 50 service to do myself. After we agreed on a final price i said throw in the 50 hr service and we have a deal.
Also received 7 free hats :)
Pics after its delivered.
**** this kids excited!!! :)

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #199  
I pulled the trigger on the Kubota L3540-3 HSTC today. Has the LA724 ssqa 72" bucket, they'll weld 4 hooks on it. R4 loaded tires, two rear remotes and the front 3rd function remote (all installed by the dealer). I could have also purchased the rear lights and wiper at dealer cost like the remotes but didnt feal I need them. He said if I change my mind to let him know. Ill add an after market radio myself. Will be delivered the end of next week.
I also received everything for the first 50 service to do myself. After we agreed on a final price i said throw in the 50 hr service and we have a deal.

Congratulations, sounds great!

James K0UA

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #200  

Cool, that's a nice tractor. What did u end up paying?