kubota vs. Kioti?

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #21  
I just got a price of $31,500, cash including $4200 cash rebate, for a DK40 w/loader w/Kioti Backhoe. For $900 dollars more I can put on a Woods BH90x Backhoe with specs closer to the Kubota L39. When I first choose Kioti over Kubota it was due to cost and ergonomics. I just hated the ergonomics of the Kubota. I looked at the Kubota's a month ago, their ergonomics are much improved. I just couldn't justify spending $8K more for a loader that was only marginally better than my CK30.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #22  
I shopped both and found that Kioti was actually higher in price for less features. But this dealer was an exception to the rule I think.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #23  
I shopped both and found that Kioti was actually higher in price for less features. But this dealer was an exception to the rule I think.

Somebody is pulling your leg, and wallet too.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #24  
I shopped both and found prices very close here, the copy was just slightly under. Although some Kioti models had more features, I didn't want the extra features. I also like the Kubota ergonomics much better on the size rig I was looking at. Still both very good tractors! Buy what ya like...

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #25  
My Kubota dealer was recommending the L4060 as being equivalent to the Kioti DK40, and he quoted me $39,600 for it equiped the same as the DK.

.... Still both very good tractors! Buy what ya like...

This is the bottom line, with quality of dealer being part of the decision process.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #26  
My Kubota dealer was recommending the L4060 as being equivalent to the Kioti DK40, and he quoted me $39,600 for it equiped the same as the DK.

This is the bottom line, with quality of dealer being part of the decision process.

That is over $4k more than a L4240 was a year ago. Tier IV is wonderful isn't it.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #27  

That Kubota dealer is Crazy! :eek:

But yes, bottom line is buy want ya want. :)

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #28  
I think the quality of the Kioti is every bit as good as the Kubota. A good friend of mine is on his 2nd Kubota. When I had my Kioti, he had a nearly identical (sized) Kubota. I had a problem that needed dealer attention (O-Ring gasket in the steering assembly) and he had a similar problem with a loader connection. Both dealers were fantastic to work with and took care of us. His advantage was that the Kubota dealer was only 2 miles away, and my Kioti dealer was 15'ish. The only difference was price, as mine was cheaper. Also, the Kioti models will typcially come with more features already included... like a better seat, a standard remote, etc. Kioti also has a better warranty than Kubota.

If people are still claiming that "resale" value may be an issue... I can say this. I had my CK20S for a year and around 200 hours. I bought it for $12,700 and sold it for $11,700 (approximate, don't remember the exact numbers now). That was a private sale, and I did very well. On the Kubota, he took a little bigger hit on the trade-in (percentage wise) than I did, but all-in-all, had he sold it privately, I think he would have retained just as much value (percentage wise) as I did. Perhaps I got really lucky with my sales price, or perhaps their resale value is finally catching up the Kub. Bottom line is, both are excellent machines. I think that their current reputation puts them neck-and-neck, and the pricing (and usually the capabilities) favor Kioti. BUT... Kubota also has more model options than Kioti does, so it's easier to find the "just right" tractor from Kubota than Kioti. There also seem to be more Dealerships for Kubota, so you may have an easier time shopping.

If your purchasing though... do like everyone says, and sit on both, test both, compare them feature-to-feature (I like making a spreadsheet to compare line-item by item). I think "dealer support" is important, but I don't stress the importance as much as some other folks do. Most of these new machines, from most companies, are good quality anymore. An "amazing" dealer is only applicable if you have problems, and the majority of these new rigs don't. If you need to source parts, filters, etc... most of them can be found online and delivered to your home for the same price (if not cheaper) than a trip to the dealer.

And I'm not saying anything bad about my dealers (Kioti or LS) as they are/were both fantastic... but I don't think a dealer is the main shopping concern you should look at.

My 2 cents anyhow.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #29  
I think the quality of the Kioti is every bit as good as the Kubota. A good friend of mine is on his 2nd Kubota. When I had my Kioti, he had a nearly identical (sized) Kubota. I had a problem that needed dealer attention (O-Ring gasket in the steering assembly) and he had a similar problem with a loader connection. Both dealers were fantastic to work with and took care of us. His advantage was that the Kubota dealer was only 2 miles away, and my Kioti dealer was 15'ish. The only difference was price, as mine was cheaper. Also, the Kioti models will typcially come with more features already included... like a better seat, a standard remote, etc. Kioti also has a better warranty than Kubota.

If people are still claiming that "resale" value may be an issue... I can say this. I had my CK20S for a year and around 200 hours. I bought it for $12,700 and sold it for $11,700 (approximate, don't remember the exact numbers now). That was a private sale, and I did very well. On the Kubota, he took a little bigger hit on the trade-in (percentage wise) than I did, but all-in-all, had he sold it privately, I think he would have retained just as much value (percentage wise) as I did. Perhaps I got really lucky with my sales price, or perhaps their resale value is finally catching up the Kub. Bottom line is, both are excellent machines. I think that their current reputation puts them neck-and-neck, and the pricing (and usually the capabilities) favor Kioti. BUT... Kubota also has more model options than Kioti does, so it's easier to find the "just right" tractor from Kubota than Kioti. There also seem to be more Dealerships for Kubota, so you may have an easier time shopping.

If your purchasing though... do like everyone says, and sit on both, test both, compare them feature-to-feature (I like making a spreadsheet to compare line-item by item). I think "dealer support" is important, but I don't stress the importance as much as some other folks do. Most of these new machines, from most companies, are good quality anymore. An "amazing" dealer is only applicable if you have problems, and the majority of these new rigs don't. If you need to source parts, filters, etc... most of them can be found online and delivered to your home for the same price (if not cheaper) than a trip to the dealer.

And I'm not saying anything bad about my dealers (Kioti or LS) as they are/were both fantastic... but I don't think a dealer is the main shopping concern you should look at.

My 2 cents anyhow.

Very well said, worth more than the .02 that its priced at.