kubota vs. Kioti?

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #33  
I think they are around 25k, so ??? I paid 20500 with loaded tires welded bucket hooks and tooth bar and 2 remote. 28507.40 with BH.

DK40SE Hydro was quoted to me around $22k last month.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #34  
   / kubota vs. Kioti? #35  
I think the quality of the Kioti is every bit as good as the Kubota. A good friend of mine is on his 2nd Kubota. When I had my Kioti, he had a nearly identical (sized) Kubota. I had a problem that needed dealer attention (O-Ring gasket in the steering assembly) and he had a similar problem with a loader connection. Both dealers were fantastic to work with and took care of us. His advantage was that the Kubota dealer was only 2 miles away, and my Kioti dealer was 15'ish. The only difference was price, as mine was cheaper. Also, the Kioti models will typcially come with more features already included... like a better seat, a standard remote, etc. Kioti also has a better warranty than Kubota.

If people are still claiming that "resale" value may be an issue... I can say this. I had my CK20S for a year and around 200 hours. I bought it for $12,700 and sold it for $11,700 (approximate, don't remember the exact numbers now). That was a private sale, and I did very well. On the Kubota, he took a little bigger hit on the trade-in (percentage wise) than I did, but all-in-all, had he sold it privately, I think he would have retained just as much value (percentage wise) as I did. Perhaps I got really lucky with my sales price, or perhaps their resale value is finally catching up the Kub. Bottom line is, both are excellent machines. I think that their current reputation puts them neck-and-neck, and the pricing (and usually the capabilities) favor Kioti. BUT... Kubota also has more model options than Kioti does, so it's easier to find the "just right" tractor from Kubota than Kioti. There also seem to be more Dealerships for Kubota, so you may have an easier time shopping.

If your purchasing though... do like everyone says, and sit on both, test both, compare them feature-to-feature (I like making a spreadsheet to compare line-item by item). I think "dealer support" is important, but I don't stress the importance as much as some other folks do. Most of these new machines, from most companies, are good quality anymore. An "amazing" dealer is only applicable if you have problems, and the majority of these new rigs don't. If you need to source parts, filters, etc... most of them can be found online and delivered to your home for the same price (if not cheaper) than a trip to the dealer.

And I'm not saying anything bad about my dealers (Kioti or LS) as they are/were both fantastic... but I don't think a dealer is the main shopping concern you should look at.

My 2 cents anyhow.

This is true, ( I am the friend :)) However just to clarify, off memory, I took about a 1500-1800 hit. If I ever get time to put a pencil to the exact amount and pull the paperwork I will repost. I can't complain being A) I had more hours than TSO. I traded it in at i think 285 hours I think. B) I damaged it, I turned it in with a smashed headlight which would be $250 to fix but who knows the dealers cost (probably $10), one of the rears tire broke it's valve stem at one point therefor it no longer had beat juice in it ($60 to get refilled which I never did), the MMM needed 2 new anti scalp wheels and the brackets welded back on, a new front grill that I didn't think was awful but the dealer did replace it (I saw it on the lot for sale a few days later. And a bunch of other cosmetic blemishes i added to it for character (just by using it as a tractor and a bit rough at times), the 250 hour service was due on it etc etc. And C) mine was 2 years old. And D) I turned it into a dealer which is usually maximum hit. So overall turning in a well worked machine I think the value held really well.

Now about the dealership. Hopefully I never really need them but I was having an issue with my new L3540 getting the loader pins to line up. I called the dealer as I was out of options. The FEL disconnects the exact same way as the L3540 as the B2920. On my B2920 I used to take off and put on the loader at minimum weekly so i am very familiar with the process. So after calling the dealer which I know and have built a relationship with, they had a guy at my house within 10 minutes. He was unable to correct this on the spot and asked if I mind him just get it to the shop. He ordered their driver to the house and they had it loaded up and gone. From my phone call to them taking it was maybe 30 minutes. I didn't have to load or do anything. Yes, being it was close to closing hours my machine wasn't looked at until the following day. I can't say I believe a dealer 15, 30 or more miles would have that response time nor would they come out so close to being the end of the work day. Secondly, I like that this dealership is essentially in the community in which I live. They are all family and live in the community as well. Not that I want to hand my paycheck over to a guy to feed his family but it's nice to know I am helping my neighbor feed his family (if you get what I am saying).

So TSO is correct and you can definitely Find filters online and have them shipped. Heck, it's not like you don't have warning, you should have a good idea when about your tractor is about to hit it's regularly scheduled maintenance. So parts and equipment I would agree you may be able to shop around or hit the dealer at some point if your in that area. However, there a definitely rewards to a dealer being close. Now that's not saying by a tractor regardless of price or brand because you live next door to some tractor joint. A lot of things should be considered, reputation, how long they have been in business, inventory ( are they willing or do they have the option of giving you a loaner if your machine goes down?). When my B2920 was getting work done, they gave me another comparable tractor of my choosing to use for the duration. So lots of things to consider about dealers. For instance, the next closest Kubota dealer to me is about 18 miles away. Big company, nice guys but i Got the used car salesmen feel there. I may have ended up with a kioti just to avoid that dealer.

Definitely nothing wrong though with a Kioti, great brand. My preference just happens to be Kubota. Great colors too!!!
I

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #36  
You're not buying a Kioti around here for that cheap. One of the local dealers just started putting large price signs on them. The only one I could easily read from the side road, a CS2410 with loader and backhoe for $18k, didn't seam like a deal at all to me. I haven't looked closely between the two (they seam like a close match) but the local Kubota dealer is selling BX25 for less. It looked like another CS2410 without the backhoe next to it (didn't get out to look) for $14500 but I can't confirm that.

The idea that Kioti's are priced lower everywhere seams to be a myth.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #37  
This is true, ( I am the friend :)) However just to clarify, off memory, I took about a 1500-1800 hit. If I ever get time to put a pencil to the exact amount and pull the paperwork I will repost. I can't complain being A) I had more hours than TSO. I traded it in at i think 285 hours I think. B) I damaged it, I turned it in with a smashed headlight which would be $250 to fix but who knows the dealers cost (probably $10), one of the rears tire broke it's valve stem at one point therefor it no longer had beat juice in it ($60 to get refilled which I never did), the MMM needed 2 new anti scalp wheels and the brackets welded back on, a new front grill that I didn't think was awful but the dealer did replace it (I saw it on the lot for sale a few days later. And a bunch of other cosmetic blemishes i added to it for character (just by using it as a tractor and a bit rough at times), the 250 hour service was due on it etc etc. And C) mine was 2 years old. And D) I turned it into a dealer which is usually maximum hit. So overall turning in a well worked machine I think the value held really well.

Now about the dealership. Hopefully I never really need them but I was having an issue with my new L3540 getting the loader pins to line up. I called the dealer as I was out of options. The FEL disconnects the exact same way as the L3540 as the B2920. On my B2920 I used to take off and put on the loader at minimum weekly so i am very familiar with the process. So after calling the dealer which I know and have built a relationship with, they had a guy at my house within 10 minutes. He was unable to correct this on the spot and asked if I mind him just get it to the shop. He ordered their driver to the house and they had it loaded up and gone. From my phone call to them taking it was maybe 30 minutes. I didn't have to load or do anything. Yes, being it was close to closing hours my machine wasn't looked at until the following day. I can't say I believe a dealer 15, 30 or more miles would have that response time nor would they come out so close to being the end of the work day. Secondly, I like that this dealership is essentially in the community in which I live. They are all family and live in the community as well. Not that I want to hand my paycheck over to a guy to feed his family but it's nice to know I am helping my neighbor feed his family (if you get what I am saying).

So TSO is correct and you can definitely Find filters online and have them shipped. Heck, it's not like you don't have warning, you should have a good idea when about your tractor is about to hit it's regularly scheduled maintenance. So parts and equipment I would agree you may be able to shop around or hit the dealer at some point if your in that area. However, there a definitely rewards to a dealer being close. Now that's not saying by a tractor regardless of price or brand because you live next door to some tractor joint. A lot of things should be considered, reputation, how long they have been in business, inventory ( are they willing or do they have the option of giving you a loaner if your machine goes down?). When my B2920 was getting work done, they gave me another comparable tractor of my choosing to use for the duration. So lots of things to consider about dealers. For instance, the next closest Kubota dealer to me is about 18 miles away. Big company, nice guys but i Got the used car salesmen feel there. I may have ended up with a kioti just to avoid that dealer.

Definitely nothing wrong though with a Kioti, great brand. My preference just happens to be Kubota. Great colors too!!!
I

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
Yeah, I couldn't remember your actual numbers you ended up with on the trade. I still believe that, had you sold it privately, you would have retained just as high a percentage as I did... if not more. I'm just using that as a comparison to show that the Kioti resale values are catching up.

And what KenB2920 says about a close dealer is 100% accurate. I would prefer that my dealer be closer (My LS dealer is roughly 45 mins away) but for the very few occasions I have to use them, it's worth the big money savings I got over competetive models. I still think that dealer support is important, just for me, it's not #1 on the list.

---
Regarding pricing. Recently I priced out competitive models again. For a Kioti DK50SE-hst my dealer was at $24,600. The local Kubota dealer quoted me roughy $27,000 for an MX5100-hst. Now, the MX series is not the direct competitor to the DK series, for a true comparison, you need to use the Grand L series, in this case an L4740. I want to say he quoted me around $31,000 for the L4740-hst with loader. :confused3:

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #38  
Why do people think that the dk is an equivalent to the grand L? The dk is equivalent to the standard Kubota's with a few options added if you need them.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #39  
The idea that Kioti's are priced lower everywhere seams to be a myth.

The bobcats were the same price as Kubota here.

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #40  
Why do people think that the dk is an equivalent to the grand L? The dk is equivalent to the standard Kubota's with a few options added if you need them.
The only features the Grand L has over the DK is the HST+ and the digital dash display.
The DK is much closer to the Grand L series than it is to the standard L.