kubota vs. Kioti?

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #41  
Both are good tractors and the only way YOU will know which makes sense is if you go look, compare and try out each. I bought my second Kubota because my first was a tank (B20) and worked so well over the 10yrs I had it, it made sense for me to go back and buy another. I did look at Kioti several times and my biggest issue was that the local dealer had a price fix going on with the next closest dealer which I thought was wrong. I could have gotten a good deal on one but that dealer was about 50 miles away and the local dealer emphatically stated he would not service a tractor from that dealer. I realize he cannot 'legally' do that as a warranty has to be honoured but still, he could put me at the back of the line each time and I did not want that. Plus the Kubota dealer has two mobile service trucks and they come to you for service if you cannot transport your tractor. Those additional service features to me convinced me to stay with Kubota.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #42  
The only features the Grand L has over the DK is the HST+ and the digital dash display.
The DK is much closer to the Grand L series than it is to the standard L.

I think I agree. I am not sure the DK options (correct me if I am missing something) but the upgrades on the "L" over standard are tilt steering, extending 3 pt lower links, and seat. I am not sure the option on the DK but I believe this would make them "comparable"

Now the HST+ is where I find the Kubota to be a cut above the rest.
This is the way I look at it. The HST+ is amazing. It is hands down worth the extra markup for it if you can budget it. However this depends how you use you tractor. Some guys may not like it or use it I guess. The main tasks I perform with the tractor consist of mowing, tilling, brush hogging and snow plowing. I have done several others but this is what I have spent the most time on.

If you are not familiar or haven't used the HST+ I would say you may not know what your missing so it won't impact you. If your not familiar the HST+ , it has several added options.

1st) There is a hi-low range in addition to your selection of HI / med / low. This hi low can either be switched manually or set up to switch automatically. I rarely use mine if at all. This I believe would be more less used for hills when pulling. I may try it more as time goes on. This extends your 3 driving modes to 6 and can be shifted "on-the-fly"

2nd) the cruise control doesn't just "click mechanically and you have roughly 10 settings. With this lever, you can really dial in infinite variations of speed. When I was tilling unbroken ground, I was able to dial in at .3 MPH. It may not be used all the time but when it is, it's amazing

3rd) "Auto throttle" this is what I use all the time. I would say my tractor is here 90% if the time. You can set your RPM at a minimum, so when you press the treadle peddle it will raises your RPMs as needed. This is valuable in so many ways I can't express them all. ( this post is long enough as it is). This also helps with fuel consumption.

4th) You can set the sensitivity of your Hydro response. This is essentially helpful in two ways. When brush hogging an open area there is no need for the machine to be jerky. I let off the pedal and there is a nice cushioned roll stop. (Exaggerated to express my point). However, when cutting next to a pond or structure and you need it to be snappy, it is. The dial has several settings to adjust the sensitivity. Fabulous when snow plowing as well.

This is taking Hydro to the next level. Again, not for everyone. If never used it won't be missed. If you've had it, it would be hard to go back to anything else.

The electronic dash also let's me know EXACT PTO RPM so I can dial that in instead of just hitting the red hash mark indicator on most other tractors. Nice feature but not really a "must have".

These options are fantastic and can't be added after the fact. So this is where the decision comes to play. If you have a budget which we all do, do you ante up now for more options that can't be added later? Then when money and time prevail, get the rear remotes, fancier air ride seats etc.

Now as TSO said, and trust me, he does his research. I actually think he found the end of the Internet and personal examined the manufactures every inch including unused closets. So I believe the DK would more less have to be compared with the "L" series. However I do think it falls short when throwing in the HST+. So I believe it would now be between the standard and "L", not necessarily a direct comparison. Would this justify $1000, $2000, $5000 difference? Maybe not, but maybe to some.

We buy tractors because they are convenient. So when you have a budget, you buy the conveniences you can. No one needs a back hoe for digging. A $10 shovel WILL do the job. You dont NEED a mower if you own a nice pair of scissors to cut your grass. It's all perspective. I think you get my point "I hope".

Ok, I am done for now. That was just after 1 cup of coffee!!!

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #43  
The only features the Grand L has over the DK is the HST+ and the digital dash display.

No offense, and your statement is correct. But you say HST+ like its no big deal, or its just a "+" at the end. It's almost like, well the only thing tractor A has over tractor B is four wheel drive. Or tractor A's cab has air conditioning and tractor B doesn't. Those are big deals so some people. I personally find it to be as big of a difference like going from shuttle shift to hydro ( my opinion as I have never "used" shuttle shift for more than a couple hours. And this was used before I had ever used a hydro so I didn't know what I was missing). There is alot more to it than a "+" sign. Again, my opinion.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #44  
Now for my 2 centavos. Since we are all expressing out "opinions". The DK is way closer to a Grand L than a Standard L.. I know I owned a Standard L and now own a DK. There are so many features over the Standard L it would take a half a page to list them all. Now that said, yes the HST+ is a cut above the rest, and definitely has features I would like to have on my DK. as previously mentioned there are a lot of really nice technological innovations on the HST+. The only reason I have a DK instead of a Grand L is the $$$$.. The DK is a great tractor with most of the features of the Grand L ( and one great one the Grand L does not have) for a lot less money. Not to mention the lift capacity of the KL401 loader on the DK40 and above.. But in no way do I discount the innovations of the HST+. In my opinion, this brand loyalty thing is just BS for the most part.. I could care less what brand of tractor I have, I am looking for features and capability's per dollar.

James K0UA

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #45  
Now for my 2 centavos. Since we are all expressing out "opinions". The DK is way closer to a Grand L than a Standard L.. I know I owned a Standard L and now own a DK. There are so many features over the Standard L it would take a half a page to list them all.

James K0UA
Thank you.
Exactly the point I was trying to make.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #46  

Not really.

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #48  
Just because the kioti has a rubber floor mat, telescopic lift arms and stabilizers doesn't mean it is comparable to a grand l.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #49  
Just because the kioti has a rubber floor mat, telescopic lift arms and stabilizers doesn't mean it is comparable to a grand l.

Also has cruise, tilt steering, rear remote and a 2700 lb loader which the grand does NOT have. Your machine is not worth the 50k they charge.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #50  

Sorry, I just really like this gif. :laughing:

And it was semi-appropriate...bonus!