kubota vs. Kioti?

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #51  

Sorry, I just really like this gif. :laughing:

And it was semi-appropriate...bonus!

That's about it. You do love this skit. Now back to the word game!

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #52  
Now for my 2 centavos. Since we are all expressing out "opinions". The DK is way closer to a Grand L than a Standard L.. I know I owned a Standard L and now own a DK. There are so many features over the Standard L it would take a half a page to list them all. Now that said, yes the HST+ is a cut above the rest, and definitely has features I would like to have on my DK. as previously mentioned there are a lot of really nice technological innovations on the HST+. The only reason I have a DK instead of a Grand L is the $$$$.. The DK is a great tractor with most of the features of the Grand L ( and one great one the Grand L does not have) for a lot less money. Not to mention the lift capacity of the KL401 loader on the DK40 and above.. But in no way do I discount the innovations of the HST+. In my opinion, this brand loyalty thing is just BS for the most part.. I could care less what brand of tractor I have, I am looking for features and capability's per dollar.

James K0UA

I agree and disagree. As I said, I believe it is closer when it comes to features like tilt steering etc. but when you throw in the HST+ its more difficult to make that comparison. It's like open station versus a cab. Of course a cab is going to cost a pretty penny. I have heat, A/C, stereo which work fantastic for plowing snow in the winter and cutting grass/ brush hogging in the summer ( especially with my bad allergies and rise in Tics this year).

Now TSO did a great spread sheet and I think he posted it on here somewhere. The Kubota is more expensive in our area. That just seems to be fact. Even if Kubota made a grand without the "+" I would venture to guess it would cost at least a little more. Why? No idea. I don't think there is a quality difference between the two. In today's times, I think these machines are pretty fair / equal. I also believe parts should be available now due to the Internet as things do break. Weather it be abuse, misuse or accidental, parts will be needed today, tomorrow or in 10-15 years.

With that being said, I love the macho my loader lifts more than your loader. Again, if you do a lot of loader work this may suit you. I don't. I have a loader but its used less than my other equipment at this time. I rarely need to pick up 1200 lbs much less 2500lbs. I don't dig with it or move stuff on a daily basis. If that's more of a concern, then shopping loaders would be higher on my list to compare. However and I don't know the specs difference of the loaders, I assume its a few hundred pounds. If tractor A is 1000lbs and tractor B is 1200 lbs. If I was constant lifting 900 of course I would go with B. but if I was CONSTANTLY lifting 1150, I would go to a bigger loader. I don't like to constantly max out my equipment. Occasionally yes of course it may happen.

TSO I think also has a spreadsheet on this. As he does alot more loader work than I do. He went with an LS which has one of the strongest loaders on the market for our "class".

So again, its finding a tractor for personal needs. I'd love to have a L5740 but yes, the money tree only grows so fast.

I think Kioti makes and awesome tractor. Great quality, etc. I don't discount it at all. But you have to buy what suits your needs too. I'd love to lift 5000 lbs but have zero need for it.

However you have my curiosity, what one "GREAT" feature does the DK have the Kubota doesn't? If your seat give you a back rub I may be trading mine in!!

And I agree as well. Although I do like Kubota, I am not brand loyal. I shopped around as well and found what suited "my" needs, in my budget for my list of importance with a fantastic dealer.

To be honest, my B2920 was "almost" all the tractor "I" needed. With the new tier four engines coming and knowing eventually I would go bigger, I shot for the stars and roped the moon in my world. For other guys this tractor may not do diddly squat.

TSO's old tractor which was comparable in size was around 21 hp and mi e was 29. I think his loader may of even lifted more. What counted for me was the rear PTO. Brush hog, mid PTO mower etc. I don't think he ever used his PTO. So different strokes for different folks.

As the OP asked brand A vs brand B, I think several other things have to come into play as brand for brand they are equal. Its item per item on the brand that may vary per need.

Gosh, no more coffee for me!!!

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #53  
Triple R was right. Ken the great feature for Kioti is they are now in the position Kubota was with Deere 40 or so years ago. They cost less is the greatest feature of all not made better or worse.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #54  
Triple R was right. Ken the great feature for Kioti is they are now in the position Kubota was with Deere 40 or so years ago. They cost less is the greatest feature of all not made better or worse.

I agree, but I don't see this as ending bad. YET!!! Lol. Yes money is a GREAT feature. No two ways about that. Can't dispute nor ague that. Ok, maybe a little.

It's just comparing apples to apples. Company to company I agree they compare. But you truly have to select tractor to tractor not brand to brand. I need XYZ option and can forgo option ABC. If I needed more power, lift, etc maybe a M series would fit my needs. We have to purchase what makes sense to us and individual uses. If money and space weren't an option we may all have 3 or 4 tractors, 3 mower sizes for each with 8 different bucket attachments.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #55  
I agree, but I don't see this as ending bad. YET!!! Lol. Yes money is a GREAT feature. No two ways about that. Can't dispute nor ague that. Ok, maybe a little.

It's just comparing apples to apples. Company to company I agree they compare. But you truly have to select tractor to tractor not brand to brand. I need XYZ option and can forgo option ABC. If I needed more power, lift, etc maybe a M series would fit my needs. We have to purchase what makes sense to us and individual uses. If money and space weren't an option we may all have 3 or 4 tractors, 3 mower sizes for each with 8 different bucket attachments.
:laughing::thumbsup:

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #56  
We are not brand loyal in this house. But of course. My son loves kubota ... This is his cake my wife just brought home

image-4234956199.jpg

Of course my 3 year old has a completely independent mind and not influenced by dad at all.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #57  
:licking:

Very nice.

(and yes murph, it would be equally delicious if it had been a kioti cake...probably even MORE so. :laughing:

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #59  
Yeah, the wife just picked it up. Son loves it. That's what matters. I can't believe they charged more just for using the Kubota name. Jk lol

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #60  
:laughing: Good stuff, glad your boy liked it. :thumbsup: (who wouldn't?)

Kudos to your wife.