Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Kubota B7500, Polaris Ranger 500

Default Re: Kubota BX1860 or BX1870

Congratulations on your new BX1860!

Tractor
    M5040, BX2370

Hello everyone! Newby here and looking to buy an BX, but don't know if i want the 18 or the 23?? I don't need a loader, but would like the valve installed and the disconnects mounted just in case. I also would like to know how easy it is to mount the deck, either the 54" on the 18 or the 60" on the 23? I mow about 3.5 acres and have about 2 acres of vegetable gardens. I don't need the BX for the gardens, except for hauling around a wagon with supplies. I have a M5040 4WD ag tires and FEL if I need any heavy work done. So the BX would be primarily a mower/hauler. A blade on the BX would be nice for small snowfall clearing of the drive and I'd use the M for the heavier stuff. Another thing that could help is how difficult to remove the mower blades for sharpening and how heavy is the deck? Meaning that I have ruined a deck on my Troy-Bilt GTX by neglect and the fact that it was just stamped and not a fabricated deck. Any help would really be appreciated.

Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by jaywdeee View Post
    Hello everyone! Newby here and looking to buy an BX, but don't know if i want the 18 or the 23?? I don't need a loader, but would like the valve installed and the disconnects mounted just in case. I also would like to know how easy it is to mount the deck, either the 54" on the 18 or the 60" on the 23? I mow about 3.5 acres and have about 2 acres of vegetable gardens. I don't need the BX for the gardens, except for hauling around a wagon with supplies. I have a M5040 4WD ag tires and FEL if I need any heavy work done. So the BX would be primarily a mower/hauler. A blade on the BX would be nice for small snowfall clearing of the drive and I'd use the M for the heavier stuff. Another thing that could help is how difficult to remove the mower blades for sharpening and how heavy is the deck? Meaning that I have ruined a deck on my Troy-Bilt GTX by neglect and the fact that it was just stamped and not a fabricated deck. Any help would really be appreciated.
    It's pretty easy, 94BULLITT has a couple of videos on it, here is one: kubota BX Mower Deck Removal - YouTube
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123