Comparison LS vs Mahindra vs Kubota

/ LS vs Mahindra vs Kubota #31  
For me, there is no doubt that the only two long term, dedicated dealers are Kubota and John Deere.

You mean the John Deere company who has pulled tons of dealership agreements from long-established, local dealers in the last few years?

/ LS vs Mahindra vs Kubota #32  
My local Kioti dealer keeps 4 or 5 tractors on the lot. My local Mahindra dealer stopped selling Manhindra's. Before that, he tried to sell Farmtrac. Before that, Taft. Now he sells Dixie Choppers and Rhino implements. My local Kubota dealer, which has probably 100 tractors on the lot, have 3 LS's. They sold them for a while, stopped, and now have a few more. For me, there is no doubt that the only two long term, dedicated dealers are Kubota and John Deere. The Kubota dealer has been here forever, and doesn't look to be slowing down. That is what a large dealer network offers me. Most of the others listed haven't lasted, and if I had bought one of them, I'd be out of luck for parts or service.

My tractor has not required parts or service, it has not been to the dealer since I bought it. It was built right the first time. You like yours and I like mine.:eek:

/ LS vs Mahindra vs Kubota #33  
My local Kioti dealer keeps 4 or 5 tractors on the lot. My local Mahindra dealer stopped selling Manhindra's. Before that, he tried to sell Farmtrac. Before that, Taft. Now he sells Dixie Choppers and Rhino implements. My local Kubota dealer, which has probably 100 tractors on the lot, have 3 LS's. They sold them for a while, stopped, and now have a few more. For me, there is no doubt that the only two long term, dedicated dealers are Kubota and John Deere. The Kubota dealer has been here forever, and doesn't look to be slowing down. That is what a large dealer network offers me. Most of the others listed haven't lasted, and if I had bought one of them, I'd be out of luck for parts or service.

I'm willing to bet that if you had purchased a Kioti tractor in 1993 or the first year they put a compact into the USA, you'd still be able to get parts. Anyone who purchased a 650 or 750 tractor from John Deere in the 80's is out of luck for company supported parts. So even though you purchased a John Deere product, you'd still be out of luck for parts or service.

/ LS vs Mahindra vs Kubota #34  
This is an interesting discussion. I've been in this boat before which is why I joined in.

After reading the replies I think along with brand it is also the model. If it is a copy of another popular model then you'd be ok if you do not mind researching for parts.

My Hinomoto which was handed down to me was bought for the sole purpose of mowing and bought cheap used. It is broken now and although I could find the parts I do not feel like messing with it, I need to sell it or just take the parts list to a mechanic and have them fix it and then sell it. Regardless I'd have to take the parts list with the supplier to the mechanic because I'd expect him to charge me a good bit to figure it out for me ;) .

/ LS vs Mahindra vs Kubota #36  
The local NH dealer here used to only sell NH but then took Mahindra to have another option for buyers...
Then last year or two the local Kubota/Massey/LS dealer closed shop and they took the Kubota line...
IMHO he has a lot of overlap in the compact line but tells me that he can sell you more tractor for the money with Mahindra...
I asked him about parts and support from Mahindra and he said no problems...
This company has been in business for many years and the salesman has been with them a long time...
I have no reason at all to dispute what he is saying...
I like NH better than anything out their now but if I was really in the market for new I would not be scared in the least at looking at Mahindra...