Location of FEL control levers

/ Location of FEL control levers #1  

cletus99

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kubota L3800HST
I wanted to get some opinions on the location of FEL control levers on tractors. I've looked at numerous different brands and I like several. The one thing on some of them that I keep thinking will bother me in the long run are the ones with the FEL control levers that are located up on the dash next to the steering wheel like on some Kubotas. It just seems like it would be more comfortable after extended use if it is on the floor next to your leg in easy reach. When I drive fork lifts for a while here at work my arm and shoulder seem to get fatigued after a while. I have bad shoulders anyway. It seems like you'd have to only get on and off on the left side as well. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

/ Location of FEL control levers #2  
Ergonomics is a plus that's for sure.

/ Location of FEL control levers #3  
No matter where they are you get used to them. Mine aren't on the dash, but to the right side of dash and farther back, works great! Some Grand L models are right next to the seat. Have never seen any mounted on the floor?

/ Location of FEL control levers #4  
Mine are mounted on the right fender and I really like them there.

/ Location of FEL control levers #5  
I have used both & greatly prefer down by my leg.

/ Location of FEL control levers #6  
The two main reasons I ended up with the Grand L was the foot pedal and the loader control. The HST+ was a bonus I did not know too much about. The ones that come up by your right leg are more comfortable. I liked it because it was set up like a backhoe is and I was used to that.

/ Location of FEL control levers #7  
Well I have owned both, and currently have the down by your leg fender mounted kind. And it is handy and allows for easy precise work.. But when I had the one up on the loader with the long lever, It never bothered me to use it at all. I have used the Kubota L3400 with the control on the loader for at least 8 hours a day doing loader work, and it wasn't bad at all. Do I prefer the fender mounted control? yes, but I sure didn't have a problem with the other one. I guess what I am trying to say is just try them both out for a while and decide for yourself.

James K0UA

/ Location of FEL control levers #8  
Comfort is an individual thing and you really can't generalize that Kioti or Kubota is more ergonomic as they are different on different models, try the ones you are considering buying. The standard L is different than the Grand L etc.

/ Location of FEL control levers #9  
my old mx5100 hst had the loader joystick mounted on the loader.an i could use that with ease no prob.my new 7040 has the joystick for the loader in the floor next to my leg.an i can get used to using that no prob.

/ Location of FEL control levers
Thanks everyone for all your inputs.