Buying Advice JD 2040 questions

/ JD 2040 questions #11  
You need to be aware that early model 2040's were open-center hyd's and later models were closed-center.

/ JD 2040 questions #12  
I am looking at a JD 2040 with a 145 loader. I was wondering if there is any bad things known about this model? The asking price is $6400. We currently have a 1010 with a 1010 industrial loader. I am looking to upgrade for more gears and a little heavier for my 3pt backhoe. Is there any parts availability issues with this tractor and is the 3cyl diesel engine trustworthy. I ask this because I know the 1010 diesels had problems (mine is gas), And some parts for the 1010 Are very hard to find.Also what is an estimate of the worth of my 1010. 2 years ago it got New paint and decals, rebuilt power steering and lift cylinders, new steering wheel and seat. New clutch, new rear tires and rims. rewired, all new hoses to the loader. I know you can't accurately give me a value but just an idea would help.

Thanks
Busshman

I sold my 820 with canopy (no loader) about two weeks ago for $6000, hope that helps.

/ JD 2040 questions
Ok I was able to go look at the 2040 in person today. numbers on the tag are style:31640L-04 serial 260044cd. I think that makes a 1977. She's not a looker. paint is faded, missing nose cone, Seat is torn up, lift pump leak, hydraulic leak from under the steering wheel, no sway chains, no rear hydraulics, bucket top lip bent some and the pin holes seem to be a little sloppy. On the good side it has a fairly new hydraulic pump, started right up cold. he is willing to negotiate and has no problem with me taking to a Deere dealer for a used tractor check. What do you guys think? My other question is 3pt lift capacity. I can find specs for the 2040 but can't seem to locate specs on the 1010. Need to be at least the same or better for that back hoe. Oh and one last thing the loader on the 1010 will go up 120" to the flat bottom of the bucket. the 2040 only goes to 104" That may be an issue, I need to measure my loft.

thanks again
Busshman

/ JD 2040 questions #14  
SN you listed is engine not tractor serial number. Tractor SN is on RH frame above frt axle.