Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models..

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #31  
The guy says it is a 1964. I tried to find what 800 series tractors were built in 1964, but could not. It has a loader and he has had it for over 30 years. I am trying to focus on tractors over 30hp with loaders. There is a lot of junk and beat up stuff out there. Want to find something in decent condition.

you apparently did not read my post #27 wher ei explained the model /series and years.

I guess i wasted my time there then.. :(

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models..
you apparently did not read my post #27 wher ei explained the model /series and years.

I guess i wasted my time there then.. :(

No, I DID read your post. I was just stating what I had done (tried to find info, etc.). I have since e-mailed the gentleman to try to get clarification on what exactly he has. I had read everything you have posted, and am appreciative. I am using all information people have posted here to try to guide me to a tractor I will be happy with. As a matter of fact, I have completely ruled out 2n, 8n, and 9n, because of it.

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #33  
. As a matter of fact, I have completely ruled out 2n, 8n, and 9n, because of it.

i would not currently buy an N unless it was near free, or had some super rare optin i needed.. or again.. was free/cheap and i needed a tractor to leave in a remote palce and not worry about months at t atime if it came up stolen...

This guy does not know what he has, and I cannot figure it out from afar. I guess I will just pass on it. It is either a 50's or 60's Ford. Oh well.

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #35  
ask him to send you th stamped numbers fromthe bellhousing.

then again. if he has no idea what he has.. how could he have been maintaining it. :)

then again. if he has no idea what he has.. how could he have been maintaining it. :)

He sent me the serial numbers 9115850. I could not cross that to anything.

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #37  
yep.. not a sn..e tc...

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #38  

then again. if he has no idea what he has.. how could he have been maintaining it? :)

Great assessment :thumbsup:

Yeah, I am going to move on.

Does an industrial Ford 4400 have a rear 3 point? There is one for sale which has a rear backhoe, but I am not sure if it accepts other implements.