Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models..

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #81  
Good job, persistance pays off.

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models..
Thank you to everyone who posted here. It seems like this tractor and me were meant to be. The only unfortunate thing is when I was pulling my old Mercedes diesel off the car trailer so I could go pick up the tractor, the right front ramp twisted on the deep gravel, and the tire slipped off as it was raining cats and dogs, causing the vehicle to fall to the right onto the ramp and doing serious body damage to the underside of the right front fender and body under the bumper. I spent over an hour using my high lift truck jack to jack up the car and extract the ramp which was jammed up into the front area. Scary stuff, too. It is a 1977, and was in perfect shape. Darn. Oh well, I will have to visit a body shop.

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #83  
Bad luck on the Merc. But you did a great job of tractor hunting. She looks good, and you got a deal on her.

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #84  
very nice!

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #85  
Nice job, congrats!

Doc

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #86  
It looks like a solid right sized tractor for the money. :thumbsup: Now about that issue with the brakes? Have you looked into the problem? Are they non functional as is or just weak? And do you have a dealer or good mechanic handy to fix them right?

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models..
It looks like a solid right sized tractor for the money. :thumbsup: Now about that issue with the brakes? Have you looked into the problem? Are they non functional as is or just weak? And do you have a dealer or good mechanic handy to fix them right?

I have not looked into the brakes yet, but I will be fixing them myself. I plan on doing all the maintenance and repair on this tractor myself. They are weak to the point of almost not working. The pedal just goes all the way down with little stopping power.

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #88  
Sounds like you need a shop manual for it. Troubleshooting and fixing the brakes will be a good subject for your next thread.:)

/ Newbie looking for tractor, overwhelmed by number of models.. #89  
ditto that!