Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    3930 Ford B1750 & B7500 Kubota

Default Re: $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers????

Quote Originally Posted by RunninOnEmpty View Post
    Tractor Supply's "County Line" finish mower is made by King Kutter, which has been around for quite some time. I checked out the 60" KK "CountyLine" at my (SW, PA) Tractor Supply & it's $1499. The mower was still in a crate, making it hard for me to inspect. I like the large, solid rubber tires & anti-scalp roller.
    Thanks. It is good to know the company isn't new. I looked at the mower through a chainlink fence, and it looked good to me. And it was $100 cheaper at the Marianna TSC. I like top of the line goods as much as the next fellow, but I like it better if I get them at my price. Just looking, I can't see $600 or $700 worth of difference between the mowers.

Tractor

Default Re: $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers????

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat47537 View Post
    I have an old6' King Kutter side discharge finish mower it had set outside for 6 years in a fence row and seems to of had a rough life before that, I got it for free. I replaced an output seal put a tube in a tire, greased it and started mowing with it. This week I rebuilt 2 of the spindles and sharpened the blades. Cost to replace bearings and seals in the spindles was $28 each. It mows great now, if may get a paint job this winter. Just a testament that parts are available out there.
    Thanks mudcat. While I have never run a King Kutter mower, I know someone who does. It seems to be a good mower. If the Cl brand is built by them, that is reassuring. And with the TSC just 20 miles away in Marianna, blades and parts shouldn't be a problem to get.

Tractor

I hadn't done the math for the tax until now, so let me revise the numbers.

LP 5' $1990, total cost. Cl 5' $1504, total cost. $486 difference.

LP 6' $2300. Cl 6' $1720. $580 difference.

Not the 600 and 700 I was thinking, but still enough to push me toward the Cl.

Tractor
    Ford 8N, LS R4047H, Massey Ferguson 241, Hustler Sport ZTR

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    A 3930 would easily run an 84" or 90" mower. I run my Woods RM990 handily with a 42 HP Case 885.
    Same here....90" Sitrex behind my LS with 38.5hp at the PTO, and you barely know it's there. I bought mine at auction for $1k, threw new belts, and blades on it $75, and it cuts great!

Tractor
    Ford 8N, LS R4047H, Massey Ferguson 241, Hustler Sport ZTR

Don't discount used....just saw this locally, and it looks new:

3pt Bush Hog Finish Mower

Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

Quote Originally Posted by Larro Darro View Post
    ...............So the question is, is the LP 6' worth $700 more than the Cl or Caroni. ...................................
    One point I wanted to make was that the weight made a big difference with the decks on my B7500. It handled the 428# Caroni with ease and the 652# Landpride was what I'd consider max if the yard has hills or you wait too long between mowings.

I own both Caroni and Landpride and truly believe the Landpride is a higher quality mower than the Caroni. It wouldn't have been worth an extra $600 to me to get a LP. The Caroni is certainly not substandard and has put up with a lot of abuse. I was considering a 6' Caroni and the dealer offered me a new LP FDR1672 for $1,795. I went with the LP.

I have no first-hand experience with King Kutter so can't comment on them.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    Don't discount used....just saw this locally, and it looks new:

3pt Bush Hog Finish Mower
    That bush hog looks new. I will check the local papers, Craig's List, etc.... Just to see if a great deal can fall in my lap. I want to buy within a week and a half, if I buy new. My credit card is offering double points, so if I'm going to spend the money, now is the time to do it.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by chim View Post
    One point I wanted to make was that the weight made a big difference with the decks on my B7500. It handled the 428# Caroni with ease and the 652# Landpride was what I'd consider max if the yard has hills or you wait too long between mowings.

I own both Caroni and Landpride and truly believe the Landpride is a higher quality mower than the Caroni. It wouldn't have been worth an extra $600 to me to get a LP. The Caroni is certainly not substandard and has put up with a lot of abuse. I was considering a 6' Caroni and the dealer offered me a new LP FDR1672 for $1,795. I went with the LP.

I have no first-hand experience with King Kutter so can't comment on them.
    My only hill is about twenty feet over three hundred yards, so that is not a concern. At this point I think I have decided to get a 6' mower and use the 3930. It's just which 6' mower. Sowell Tractor priced the 1672 at $2300. If I could find one for what you paid, I would jump on it.

Tractor

Just found a 72" LP in Pensacola for $700 on craigslist. Looks clean. My brother in law said he would help me out in getting a mower home. I wonder if he meant five hours seat time.

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Just be cautious on used... Check out the gearbox, could be real costly if someone is selling their problem.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast