Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Default Re: $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers????

That mower will do a good job for you. Mine uses the same kind of spacers, but I prefer the way yours has a belt cover that can be removed without tools. If only somebody could put all the good ideas together into one product!

Tractor
    3930 Ford B1750 & B7500 Kubota

Default Re: $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers????

Quote Originally Posted by chim View Post
    Congrats on the new equipmment. It looks like you cut your grass a good bit shorter than I do.
    I will adjust the height this morning when I get back out there. I just had a few minutes before I had to get to work. It did drag a time or two.

Tractor
    Kubota, M5040 HDC, L4060 HSTC, BX2360, RTV 1140

Looks like a nice mower!! Just keep it greased up real good and the blades sharp and you should be good for awhile!

Tractor

All the grease fittings are easy to get to. I did have to unhook the pto to get those, but it slid right off and on.

-106-jpg

Here is the before and after pictures. Not sure how long it took. The rain chased me in several times yesterday.

-044-jpg-141-jpg

When cutting in the rain, the rear wheels got a pretty heavy buildup of mud. [you can see part of it in the picture] It was packed in the rims, and also on the tread part of the tire. If you left it to dry, it could be a problem. There was also a big buildup of mud and grass under the mower. I think some of it was under there when I bought it. I looked at the blades, but didn't crawl underneath to examine the underside of the deck.

I mowed in 3rd gear low range. It left the weeds and thicker bahiagrass ragged looking. I will sharpen the blades and cut again in two weeks. That will give me a better understanding of what I have.

I'm still going to look for a used LP or Woods. If I don't get the old B1750 and 4' Woods from work, I may buy a 4'. The trees all have to be trimmed around. This time I backed in with the big mower. In the future I will try it with one of the riders, and see if that is quicker.

Thanks to all of you for your advice. And to answer my question, is there $600 worth of difference between Land Pride and Countyline. Probably. But when I got the extra $200 knocked off, that sealed the deal for me. If I find a LP for the right price, you might see a slightly used Cl on craigslist.

Tractor
    Kubota, M5040 HDC, L4060 HSTC, BX2360, RTV 1140

Just call Billy at Panhandle Tractor and let him know you are looking for a used Woods or LP mower. I just traded in a 5' Woods Finish mower a couple of months ago but I think he sold it quickly. Good luck!

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by PSDStu View Post
    Just call Billy at Panhandle Tractor and let him know you are looking for a used Woods or LP mower. I just traded in a 5' Woods Finish mower a couple of months ago but I think he sold it quickly. Good luck!
    I talked to him about prices on the new mowers, but didn't think to ask him about used ones. But last week when I was looking at what they had in stock, there were no used ones then. Thanks for the tip.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345