Buying Advice $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers????

/ $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers???? #41  
That mower will do a good job for you. Mine uses the same kind of spacers, but I prefer the way yours has a belt cover that can be removed without tools. If only somebody could put all the good ideas together into one product!

/ $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers????
Congrats on the new equipmment. It looks like you cut your grass a good bit shorter than I do.

I will adjust the height this morning when I get back out there. I just had a few minutes before I had to get to work. It did drag a time or two.

/ $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers???? #43  
Looks like a nice mower!! Just keep it greased up real good and the blades sharp and you should be good for awhile!

All the grease fittings are easy to get to. I did have to unhook the pto to get those, but it slid right off and on.

106.jpg

Here is the before and after pictures. Not sure how long it took. The rain chased me in several times yesterday.

044.jpg141.jpg

When cutting in the rain, the rear wheels got a pretty heavy buildup of mud. [you can see part of it in the picture] It was packed in the rims, and also on the tread part of the tire. If you left it to dry, it could be a problem. There was also a big buildup of mud and grass under the mower. I think some of it was under there when I bought it. I looked at the blades, but didn't crawl underneath to examine the underside of the deck.

I mowed in 3rd gear low range. It left the weeds and thicker bahiagrass ragged looking. I will sharpen the blades and cut again in two weeks. That will give me a better understanding of what I have.

I'm still going to look for a used LP or Woods. If I don't get the old B1750 and 4' Woods from work, I may buy a 4'. The trees all have to be trimmed around. This time I backed in with the big mower. In the future I will try it with one of the riders, and see if that is quicker.

Thanks to all of you for your advice. And to answer my question, is there $600 worth of difference between Land Pride and Countyline. Probably. But when I got the extra $200 knocked off, that sealed the deal for me. If I find a LP for the right price, you might see a slightly used Cl on craigslist.

/ $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers???? #45  
Just call Billy at Panhandle Tractor and let him know you are looking for a used Woods or LP mower. I just traded in a 5' Woods Finish mower a couple of months ago but I think he sold it quickly. Good luck!

Just call Billy at Panhandle Tractor and let him know you are looking for a used Woods or LP mower. I just traded in a 5' Woods Finish mower a couple of months ago but I think he sold it quickly. Good luck!

I talked to him about prices on the new mowers, but didn't think to ask him about used ones. But last week when I was looking at what they had in stock, there were no used ones then. Thanks for the tip.