Trouble Deciding Which To Buy Next Week: Kubota 2370 or 2670

/ Trouble Deciding Which To Buy Next Week: Kubota 2370 or 2670 #1  

MidnightHauler

Tractor
John Deere LX280
I have researched this on here and other sites but still trying to finalize my decision. Looking at a new Kubota in either model with a 54 inch deck with mulch kit and FEL. Biggest thing I can find is just the hp and motor displacement is slightly different. This will be primarily for mowing and light work around a 3 acre property. I plan to get a used 4ft brush hog to add on later. Price difference quoted at the dealer today is $1000 between the 2 models. Does anyone have any additional info to help me decide or does it really just come down to HP preference?

/ Trouble Deciding Which To Buy Next Week: Kubota 2370 or 2670 #2  
welcome to TBN...
as far as I know, HP is the only diff.
the extra HP at the pto may be a plus for you when you get around to getting that brush hog. I suppose the mulch kit on the MMM will eat up a few more HP in heavy grass.
If, as you say, the intended use is mowing & 'light work', I'm sure you'll be very happy with the BX2370, but hey, it's your $1000... either way it's a good investment.

Pete

/ Trouble Deciding Which To Buy Next Week: Kubota 2370 or 2670 #3  
I don't think you need the extra HP. In my opinion, its only needed for high power demands on the PTO, such as a generator or a chipper.

/ Trouble Deciding Which To Buy Next Week: Kubota 2370 or 2670 #5  
   / Trouble Deciding Which To Buy Next Week: Kubota 2370 or 2670 #6  
Interesting... Kubota web site lists 3pt lift capacities the same for these 2 models.
Since they use the same loader, can't see why there'd be a diff there either.

Pete
I tried to get the info off the Kubota web site but it locked up my machine and never did download the PDF.

/ Trouble Deciding Which To Buy Next Week: Kubota 2370 or 2670
Thank you for the additional info. Looks like the 2370 will suit what I need.

/ Trouble Deciding Which To Buy Next Week: Kubota 2370 or 2670 #8  
We have a BX2200 and bought a BX2660 to replace it but decided two would be handy to have so kept both. When we bought ours the BX2660 had a much nicer seat than the 2360 in addition to the added HP. We have found a noticeable difference in performance in heavy use such as rotary cutter or tiller, but for your use I doubt the HP will even be noticed. We use a 60 MMM on both.