Comparison Mahindra 2216 vs Max 28XL

/ Mahindra 2216 vs Max 28XL #1  

BentProp

Tractor
Mahindra 2216 gear
I have a 2216 gear rated 17.5 pto hp. The 28xl shuttle is rated 23.5 pto hp. Turning a 48" tiller or 4' bush hog, will I see a substantial difference? In other words... would it be worth the upgrade? Also, with the 28xl shuttle, does the pto disengage when changing gears/speed or from forward to reverse? The 2216 is my first tractor so Im still new to all this stuff.
Thanks!

/ Mahindra 2216 vs Max 28XL #2  
You probably will notice a difference. The Max 28 should do the work better than the 2216.

And the PTO should not disengage when changing from forward to reverse(can't say for sure as I don't own one).

You could post your question in the Mahindra forum: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-owning-operating/ and maybe get first hand experience.

/ Mahindra 2216 vs Max 28XL
reposted.. thanks

/ Mahindra 2216 vs Max 28XL #4  
I have a 2216 gear rated 17.5 pto hp. The 28xl shuttle is rated 23.5 pto hp. Turning a 48" tiller or 4' bush hog, will I see a substantial difference? In other words... would it be worth the upgrade? Also, with the 28xl shuttle, does the pto disengage when changing gears/speed or from forward to reverse? The 2216 is my first tractor so Im still new to all this stuff.
Thanks!

The Max28 shuttle has a transmission driven PTO. When you stop the tractor movement, the PTO stops. Tractors were built this way forever and we all got along fine, but there is no doubt that independent PTO is nicer to operate. The Max28 shuttle is the only current Mahindra that does this. All the other gears/shuttles have an independent PTO, and of course all the HST units are independent by nature. As to HP, you will notice the difference for sure. For tilling, I recommend an HST.