Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Well, since he is not coming back to us, maybe he loaded up and went to the dealership.. I wish him well.
    Sadly we may never know and may have unnecessarily taxed our brains.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    I don't understand his hurry.
    Me either, I can't remember when a rushed decision ever worked out well for me, I research the heck out of stuff before buying anything.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

The kubota is 900lbs lighter, and has 6hp less at the PTO. That's going to impact how well it will do things like plow, or run a brush hog (figure 1' smaller cutter). The Kioti can lift almost 1000lbs more with the FEL.

Short version is that they're two significantly different size machines that really don't compare to one another well at all. It's not really a fair comparison for the Kubota, as nice a machine as it is.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    The kubota is 900lbs lighter, and has 6hp less at the PTO. That's going to impact how well it will do things like plow, or run a brush hog (figure 1' smaller cutter). The Kioti can lift almost 1000lbs more with the FEL.

Short version is that they're two significantly different size machines that really don't compare to one another well at all. It's not really a fair comparison for the Kubota, as nice a machine as it is.
    Agreed, but it is the two he was comparing. I agree they are somewhat mismatched horsepower and size wise. He seemed like he was in an awful hurry, I hope it all works out for him.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Agreed, but it is the two he was comparing. I agree they are somewhat mismatched horsepower and size wise. He seemed like he was in an awful hurry, I hope it all works out for him.
    Sure, I was just saying that to clarify that I wasn't bashing the Kubot by only listing things where the Kioti is better. I think the kubota actually has a slightly higher max lift on the 3pt, but it wasn't a big difference, and all the others are overwhelmingly favoring the Kioti. R,

Tractor
    Kioti DK45 SE HST

Sorry guys I am here. The kubota is like 25+ and the Kioti ended up at like 23+ but I added a front remote. The zero % financing and the 5.2 financing made the payments over 5 years about the same. The Kubota dealer wasn't anywhere near as nice and accommodating as the Kioti guy. I started out all about Kubota until I talked to the Kioti guy and he really took out a lot of time to talk to me and listen to me. I will be doing basic farm stuff like gardening, maintaining my pond and digging another one that has already been kinda started and I have horses so I will be moving hay and big water troughs to different locations. I have 8 acres. I want to push down some small dead trees and beautify the land in ways I cant do without a piece of machinery.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45 SE HST

Oh not in a hurry I've been researching for months its just that I finally got financing approval for both and they are just sitting there looking pretty. I'm ready to get some work done also and see what these things can really do. I have never even sit on a running tractor in my life but I used to be a heavy equipment operator in the military years ago and ran dozers and other heavy equipment. Anyway the tractor is on its way. They are delivering it in a few hours I went with the Kioti I really hope I made the right decision. The only thing that I see that the kubota has over the Kioti was the HST+. I don't know if that's worth giving up the extra Horse Power, weight, and lift capacity, and 4 year warranty that Kioti offers. I hope I made the right decision. Its weighing on me pretty hard. It would have been the same if I had chosen the Kubota. I am gonna second guess until I get it and get some stuff done and get comfortable with it.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinstafford View Post
    Oh not in a hurry I've been researching for months its just that I finally got financing approval for both and they are just sitting there looking pretty. I'm ready to get some work done also and see what these things can really do. I have never even sit on a running tractor in my life but I used to be a heavy equipment operator in the military years ago and ran dozers and other heavy equipment. Anyway the tractor is on its way. They are delivering it in a few hours I went with the Kioti I really hope I made the right decision. The only thing that I see that the kubota has over the Kioti was the HST+. I don't know if that's worth giving up the extra Horse Power, weight, and lift capacity, and 4 year warranty that Kioti offers. I hope I made the right decision. Its weighing on me pretty hard. It would have been the same if I had chosen the Kubota. I am gonna second guess until I get it and get some stuff done and get comfortable with it.
    I think you made a fantastic decision and you won't regret it. Happy tractoring!!! Send us some photos!!! We love photos!!!

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Welcome to the Pack!
    Murph ------------

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

It's only natural to have second thoughts, but to come close to or equal to the Kioti, you would have, as mentioned by others, had to go to a bigger kubota which would have cost quite a bit more money.

I am betting once you put in a little seat time you won't be able to stop smiling and will love your Kioti.

Of course now you need to get filled tires, bucket hooks, three rear remotes at a minimum, TnT, third function, grapple, box scraper, rotary cutter...

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Welcome to the Pack.. and when you mentioned the hay bale moving, and the heavy items moving, and things like that,, No question in my mind.. you made the right decision, You need the extra lift capacity.. I just got in from using my Kioti to repair my road, it is getting a bit hot outside. I love it. Yours is a bit bigger, and has greater lift capacity. I would have been fine with the kubota, But it sounds like to me you needed a larger, greater capacity tractor, and you got it! congratulations, please take pictures and post them here, and don't be a stranger,, come on back and let us know how you are getting along with you new beautiful machine.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast