Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

Default Re: Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinstafford View Post
    I went with the Kioti I really hope I made the right decision.
    You really can't go wrong with either brand, and for what you're doing, it sounds like you made the right choice. I was extremely close to pulling the trigger on a DK40SE Hydro, and I still sometimes wonder how happy I would be if I had gone that route....they're extremely nice, and are right up there when it comes to bang for the buck. Pics or it didn't happen!

Oh, you are definitely going to need a rear counterweight to even come remotely close to what the loader can lift. I'd guess that at about 1300-1500 pounds the rear tires are going to be very light, if not already lifting. I made a 1,300lb counterweight, and I can finally max my loader. Loaded rear tires will help a little bit, but to really max it, you'll need a counterweight that's something like 1,000lbs or a bit more.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540, RTV 900

I also think you made a good decision with the heavier and more powerful tractor. You will be glad you did with lifting bales.

Did you get any attachments?

Tractor
    1958 Ford 961 Powermaster

As others have mentioned both are good tractors and I'm sure you will get many years of great use out of the Kioti. Enjoy the new tractor.

Oh and don't forget, without pictures it didn't happen.
    Kubota L5240 with loader and backhoe

1958 Ford 961 Powermaster LP

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST Cab, Kubota BX23TLB

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinstafford View Post
    . . . I hope I made the right decision. Its weighing on me pretty hard. It would have been the same if I had chosen the kubota. I am gonna second guess until I get it and get some stuff done and get comfortable with it.
    I'm tractor shopping right now too and I like the extra features of the Kubota Grand L series, but I would have made the same decision in your shoes.

Better dealer? Check
    More weight? Check
    More power? Check
    More lift capacity? Check
    Longer warranty? Check

Sounds to me like you did good. Enjoy your tractor.

Tractor
    2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab

Congratulations, you will love the tractor, do make sure and get the rear tires filled.
    I just filled mine last weekend, I used calcium, its cheap and I have a pump, I was a tire guy for quite some time, still have all my tools.
    Six 50 pound bags cost me 120.00.
    50 gallons water at 8.3lbs per us gallon =415lbs water + 150lbs calcium +2lbs baking soda (we have hard water)=567lbs ballast per tire, total of 1134lbs of ballast for 120.00, I filled mine to about an inch or two above the stem when at 12:00.
    I have R4 industrial tires that are mounted tubless

If I would have had to pay to have it done, I would have had them use Beet juice.
    If you get it done, I would make sure they put enough in to make it worth while....Your paying for it.
    Many outfits left unsupervised, will fill them 1/4 to 1/2 full...why bother? Thats what the green tractor company now recommends.
    You do need the top portion of the tire above the wheel above the wheel for air space and deflection.

Good Luck and enjoy
    2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab, Loaded R4s, KL401 Loader with reversible cutting edge, KB2485 Backhoe with Mechanical Thumb, Everything Attachments 7 foot Deluxe 6 way Value Scrape Blade, Tirechains.com Duo Combo Ladder Rear Chains (If I ever need them)

Veteran Member

Congratulations on your new tractor, welcome to the Pack!!
    I just took delivery on a new DK40SE HST on Thursday. I can attest that just loaded rear tires are not enough ballast for that powerful loader as I lifted the rear wheels off the ground and not what I was trying to lift. Looks like my wife is winning the argument for putting a backhoe (1350lbs) on the tractor which will serve as ballast for me. Be aware that there is a good chance that the bucket level indicator sleeve will loosen up and the indicator will flop around and you will bend it up if you don't catch it in time. Mine came undone in the first hour of using it. A little Locktite on the threads will take care of this issue.
    Jim

- '01 Husqvarna W4814- 48" walk behind lawn mower.
    - '04 John Deere Z-Trac 727A- 54" ZTR
    - '13 Kioti DK40 HST - KL401 loader, DK40 72" QA bucket, LK3054 60" QA bucket, toothbar for 60" bucket, dual rear remotes, 7ft 6 way rear blade, 78" ETA Box Blade, Woods BH-90x backhoe, loaded rear tires, Kioti Canopy.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by IXLR8 View Post
    Congratulations on your new tractor, welcome to the Pack!!
    I just took delivery on a new DK40SE HST on Thursday. I can attest that just loaded rear tires are not enough ballast for that powerful loader as I lifted the rear wheels off the ground and not what I was trying to lift. Looks like my wife is winning the argument for putting a backhoe (1350lbs) on the tractor which will serve as ballast for me. Be aware that there is a good chance that the bucket level indicator sleeve will loosen up and the indicator will flop around and you will bend it up if you don't catch it in time. Mine came undone in the first hour of using it. A little Locktite on the threads will take care of this issue.
    How much ballast is in the rear tires?
    You can get a pretty good Idea by knocking on the side of the tire.
    Don't be suprised if they are 1/4 to 1/2 full...Read my post above.

Still, if they are low, don't tell the wife..get the backhoe
    2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab, Loaded R4s, KL401 Loader with reversible cutting edge, KB2485 Backhoe with Mechanical Thumb, Everything Attachments 7 foot Deluxe 6 way Value Scrape Blade, Tirechains.com Duo Combo Ladder Rear Chains (If I ever need them)

Tractor
    JD 7720; Kubota M135GX, NH TS115A; JD 6230; Kubota L5740

One reason for not getting tires full enough is advertised capacity. At our plant we go by liters to fill to 75%. I heard complaints from customers our tires were only half full so I went out on the lot and sure enough they were right. I then checked with our operator filling tires and he was going by the job instruction which ended up being about 50% rather than 75%. Our weight is based in the amount of CaCl mixture in the tire so as long as they were getting the right volume installed the customer was getting what he paid for and I issued a service bulletin stating this. No more complaints.
    JD7720; KubotaM135GX; NH TS115A; JD6230; KubotaL5740

Tractor

Good save by the "operator" and good BS story by yourself

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

Loading the rear tires simply doesn't allow you to get near rated maximum lift....because it can't. In this example Kioti says you have to put 1,047lbs on the 3pt to max the loader. Putting weight on the 3pt takes weight off the front axle, by using the rear axle as a fulcrum/pivot point. Making the pivot point heavier (loading the tires) does very little to take weight off the front axle. Think of a teeter-toter with the rear wheels being the pivot. If you have a fat kid on one seat, you need another fat kid on the other seat....no real way around it.

My loader is rated at 2,639lbs max lift at the pins, to full height. With pallet forks on, I was barely able to lift the 1,300lb (weighed) slab that became my counterweight. Add the slab, and forks, and it was probably 1,700lbs total load, give or take. The rear tires were extremely light, and came off the ground with sudden loader movements or sharp starts/stops of the tractor.

Everybody likes pics....1,300+ lbs after it was finished (added the legs, drawbar, top link etc).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast