Buying Advice Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST
Well guys i apologize for not coming back. I was on that tractor and have put 7 hours on it. It arrived with 2 hours and its now at 9. It has loaded tires don't know what's in them. It has small hooks welded on. Thwarting remote on the rear only has 2 plug ins someone recommended at least 3 on the rear. Please explain more on that. My front remote will be installed when i go in for my first service. This thing is a beast. Oh that tree already came down. I have a video of the last few pushes that took it down. Is it possible to post videos on here? I was surprised that i was able to dig with the bucket with no tooth bar and break up those huge roots.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #42  
Well guys i apologize for not coming back. I was on that tractor and have put 7 hours on it. It arrived with 2 hours and its now at 9. It has loaded tires don't know what's in them. It has small hooks welded on. Thwarting remote on the rear only has 2 plug ins someone recommended at least 3 on the rear. Please explain more on that. My front remote will be installed when i go in for my first service. This thing is a beast. Oh that tree already came down. I have a video of the last few pushes that took it down. Is it possible to post videos on here? I was surprised that i was able to dig with the bucket with no tooth bar and break up those huge roots.

You can copy paste your link on you-tube over here.. there aren't any videos hosted by the site for users that I know of. 2 remotes is all the factory will put on the rear. The guys that run top-and-tilt like 3 so that they could run another function on a rear implement.. say for instance on a big rear grader blade, you could adjust your attack angle front to back, your rotational angle and your tilt into a ditch all from the seat without stopping or getting off and adjusting the factory jackscrews on the tractor.. just all hydraulics.. Some guys REALLY like their hydraulics.. I am glad the dead tree is down without incident..

James K0UA

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #43  
Hey Mike, you need to change your Bio now

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #44  
I'm glad you thunk that through for me:D
I understand that the weight is farther back, and what your saying makes sense, but I'll just have to wait and see for myself.:drink:

You think Kioti might be wrong when they specify it has to be on the 3pt? :confused:

Koua I searched and found the top and tilt wow that's a nice addition. The only one I saw had 2 things one was for the top link and the other one tilted. I didn't see a third function for rotational angle. Could you point me in the right direction. I would be interested in this upgrade.

Thanks

Mike one other thing, about the dead trees you were going to "push down".. it is extremely dangerous to push down dead trees, because they break up high and drop on your head.. Lots of guys have their hoods dented and a few have their heads dented. Much safer to get several long chains, put together and tie on to the dead tree up as high as you can reach, and pull the tree down with the chain attached to your fixed drawbar below the rear axle of the tractor. Make sure the chain is quite a bit longer than the height of the tree.. I have pushed over plenty of nice green living smaller trees, but dead trees are widowmakers. Trust me on this.

James K0UA

Where is this draw bar look like I definitely don't want to hook up to the wrong thing. I have two trees left to take down much smaller than that 40 footer I just pushed over. I like the safety of pulling it down so I will be going to get a long chain today. Also what size chain should I use at a minimum? Finally it seems like you would get better results pulling vs pushing like I did before is this correct?

Thanks,

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #47  
Mike the Drawbar is the big chunk of steel sticking straight out from under the rear axle. It will have holes in it, get a clevis, and fasten it to the last outside hole, and hook your chain on that.. Yes it is safer to pull over trees (as long as your chain is longer than the tree is tall:eek:). I use 5/16 grade 70 chains, with grab hooks on each end, you can buy them at lowes, or farm supply stores. Some guys like the extra security of 3/8 chains. But of course they weigh more. as for the 3rd rear remote, (not to be confused with a true 3rd function on your Front end loader to run a grapple or something like that) it is just a 3rd set of remote hydraulic connections to run angle tilt on a scrape blade or some guys use it to raise the scarifier teeth on a boxblade.. The hydraulic cylinders to do this are on the implement. You just have connection points on your tractor.. Dont worry if you don't have that.. You have to have the need first, then worry about the remotes. In the case of the Kioti, the 3rd rear remote would have to be added later as the factory setup only comes with 2 maximu. I only have 1.

Shop Campbell Commercial 20-ft Welded Yellow Chromate Steel Chain at Lowes.com

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #48  
Koua I searched and found the top and tilt wow that's a nice addition. The only one I saw had 2 things one was for the top link and the other one tilted. I didn't see a third function for rotational angle. Could you point me in the right direction. I would be interested in this upgrade.

Thanks

You might want to check with TBN MtnViewRanch as he sells all this sort of thing reasonably priced through Fit-Rite, I have a hydraulic top link on order with him, I got the factory remotes from Kubota as they offer three.

Totally confused on what makes up a remote. I have 2 little hydraulic plug ins in the rear. Does the 2 plug ins equal 1 remote or 2 remotes? Or is those 2considered 1 remote with 2 functions? And if its 1 remote with 2 functions is there a way to add a 3rd function for rotational angle?

Thanks,

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #50  
Totally confused on what makes up a remote. I have 2 little hydraulic plug ins in the rear. Does the 2 plug ins equal 1 remote or 2 remotes? Or is those 2considered 1 remote with 2 functions? And if its 1 remote with 2 functions is there a way to add a 3rd function for rotational angle?

Thanks,

Look at mine, it is a set of three remotes, so you will have one, two, three "sets" of rear remotes as you have extend and retract ports.

There is a hydraulics forum with some really knowledgeable people, I know just enough to be dangerous.