Buying Advice Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #51  
You might want to check with TBN MtnViewRanch as he sells all this sort of thing reasonably priced through Fit-Rite, I have a hydraulic top link on order with him, I got the factory remotes from Kubota as they offer three.

Mike notice in his first pic, down below the PTO stub is the drawbar on his Kubota. Yours is about the same. All you need is a clevis sometimes called a shackle. Make sure that your drawbar will fit between its "ears" and it is large enough to pass your grab hook thru its "eye". I use a short 6 foot chain with a grab hook on one end and a snap hook with retainer on the end that I snap onto the clevis on the draw bar, and hang the grab hook end off of my ballast barrel. Then when I need to hook up to another chain the grab end is conveniently positioned to hook up or "grab" another chain without having to bend over all the time to mess with the clevis. You see you are pulling from a point that it made to pull heavy loads from, by the manufacture, and it is below the axle centerline so your tractor will not turn over backwards. Never pull from a high point on your tractor, like for instance a top link hole or something like that.. sure way to die.

James K0UA

1 1/4 X 3 3/4 Twist Tractor Clev

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #52  
DSCF0512.JPG
Totally confused on what makes up a remote. I have 2 little hydraulic plug ins in the rear. Does the 2 plug ins equal 1 remote or 2 remotes? Or is those 2considered 1 remote with 2 functions? And if its 1 remote with 2 functions is there a way to add a 3rd function for rotational angle?

Thanks,

Mike 2 plug in hydraulic connections = 1 set of remotes. You can do one thing at a time. It is what I have.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #53  
Mike to help you understand the 2 little hydraulic connections a little better, the lever down below the FEL joystick, goes two different directions, forward and backward. one direction pushed high pressure hydraulic fluid out of one of the A connector and will take fluid back from the B connector , and the other direction pushes out fluid from the B connector and takes fluid back from A connector. so it is bi directional.

So it is typically used to extend a hydraulic cylinder to extend and retract, both under pressure, not just one direction and rely on gravity or some other force to retract the cylinder. It can also be used to spin a hydraulic motor as long as the lever is held in one direction, and spin the motor in the opposite direction when the lever is thrown in the other direction. When in Neutral, no fluid is pushed or accepted back in on either port..

Now that brings up another discussion about do you still have your detents in the lever or where they removed by the dealer before delivery?.. when you push the lever all the way forward for example does it stay there like to run an hydraulic motor or to supply hydraulic flow to some downstream device. If so, you must make sure not to accidently leave that lever in that position for more than a few seconds without being hooked up to a device which will return the flow back to the other port, because if you have nothing hooked up, the flow will have no where to go, except to the end of the sealed connector. Then the pressure will build, until the relief valve opens on the main hydraulic pump.

This is not good, as it creates heat having the fluid run over the relief valve, and bogs down your engine. You can check this operation by running your tractor at idle, and pull or push the lever and hold it, and notice the engine rpm decreases and strains. Don't do this for more than a few seconds to prevent overheating, and possible damage of the pump.

James K0UA

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #54  
Mike now look at the pictures TripleR posted of his 3 sets of hydraulic remotes. notice he is using one set of remotes for his "top" and the second set for his "tilt" cylinder and has a 3rd set that he could use for instance for an angle cylinder on a rear scrape blade. Or for anything else he wants to rig up and use at the same time as his top and tilt, without taking off hoses and rearranging his connections.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #55  
Totally confused on what makes up a remote. I have 2 little hydraulic plug ins in the rear. Does the 2 plug ins equal 1 remote or 2 remotes? Or is those 2considered 1 remote with 2 functions? And if its 1 remote with 2 functions is there a way to add a 3rd function for rotational angle?

Thanks,

Each "remote" has two plugs....fluid going out, and fluid coming back. R,

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #56  
Mike now look at the pictures TripleR posted of his 3 sets of hydraulic remotes. notice he is using one set of remotes for his "top" and the second set for his "tilt" cylinder and has a 3rd set that he could use for instance for an angle cylinder on a rear scrape blade. Or for anything else he wants to rig up and use at the same time as his top and tilt, without taking off hoses and rearranging his connections.

Here all three are in use, Top and Tilt with hydraulic shanks on the box scraper.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #57  
Here all three are in use, Top and Tilt with hydraulic shanks on the box scraper.

Hopefully we are helping him and not just making the confusion deeper!. He has been tractoring for about 2 or 3 days. A lot of stuff to understand in a short time!

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #58  
Koua I searched and found the top and tilt wow that's a nice addition. The only one I saw had 2 things one was for the top link and the other one tilted. I didn't see a third function for rotational angle. Could you point me in the right direction. I would be interested in this upgrade.

Thanks

Not to get you confused, (well maybe a little) :rolleyes: but once you decide that you need one of these then we will need to get you set up with a few more rear remotes.

Oh, a complete top & tilt set for your DK45 would run $635 + shipping cost. :drool:

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #59  
Not to get you confused, (well maybe a little) :rolleyes: but once you decide that you need one of these then we will need to get you set up with a few more rear remotes.

Oh, a complete top & tilt set for your DK45 would run $635 + shipping cost. :drool:

Holy cow!.. that's a blade and then some! Brian remember this fella is just getting his legs under him, lets not blow his mind!

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #60  
Holy cow!.. that's a blade and then some! Brian remember this fella is just getting his legs under him, lets not blow his mind!

I just wanted to let him see what those remotes get used for is all. Of course those would be needed in addition to the 2 required for the top & tilt set ;)