Buying Advice Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #61  
Yeah, once you get "hooked on hydraulics" I imagine it is hard to go back.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #62  
$635 sounds fair for a quality top & tilt set up.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST
Mike to help you understand the 2 little hydraulic connections a little better, the lever down below the FEL joystick, goes two different directions, forward and backward. one direction pushed high pressure hydraulic fluid out of one of the A connector and will take fluid back from the B connector , and the other direction pushes out fluid from the B connector and takes fluid back from A connector. so it is bi directional.

So it is typically used to extend a hydraulic cylinder to extend and retract, both under pressure, not just one direction and rely on gravity or some other force to retract the cylinder. It can also be used to spin a hydraulic motor as long as the lever is held in one direction, and spin the motor in the opposite direction when the lever is thrown in the other direction. When in Neutral, no fluid is pushed or accepted back in on either port..

Now that brings up another discussion about do you still have your detents in the lever or where they removed by the dealer before delivery?.. when you push the lever all the way forward for example does it stay there like to run an hydraulic motor or to supply hydraulic flow to some downstream device. If so, you must make sure not to accidently leave that lever in that position for more than a few seconds without being hooked up to a device which will return the flow back to the other port, because if you have nothing hooked up, the flow will have no where to go, except to the end of the sealed connector. Then the pressure will build, until the relief valve opens on the main hydraulic pump.

This is not good, as it creates heat having the fluid run over the relief valve, and bogs down your engine. You can check this operation by running your tractor at idle, and pull or push the lever and hold it, and notice the engine rpm decreases and strains. Don't do this for more than a few seconds to prevent overheating, and possible damage of the pump.

James K0UA

Kuoa that little lever has an A and B side. I dont know what a detent is to know if they removed it or not. If they removed it should I go and have them put it back on? Or on the other hand if they didnt remove it should I remove it myself?

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #64  
Hopefully we are helping him and not just making the confusion deeper!. He has been tractoring for about 2 or 3 days. A lot of stuff to understand in a short time!

You may be right James, I've been doing this over 50 years and it's embarrassing what I don't know.:eek:

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #65  
Kuoa that little lever has an A and B side. I dont know what a detent is to know if they removed it or not. If they removed it should I go and have them put it back on? Or on the other hand if they didnt remove it should I remove it myself?
If you move the lever to the A or B position does it stay there? Does it take effort to move it back to the center position? If you answered yes to either of these questions, there is a good chance the detent is in place. If the detents are not there, the lever will just return to the neutral position on it's own. The purpose of the detent is to hold the lever in the active position to provide a continuous flow to the ports, so you don't have to hold it there. This would be if you had a backhoe or log splitter attached to the rear remote ports. You would want a lever without a detent if you were using top or tilt for a blade so after you moved the blade to where you wanted it, you could easily return the lever to neutral without fighting with the detent and possibly setting the blade to a different position than what you wanted. If you don't have anything connected to the rear remotes, and the engine is running, don't leave the lever in the 'active' position for more than a second or two.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #66  
If you move the lever to the A or B position does it stay there? Does it take effort to move it back to the center position? If you answered yes to either of these questions, there is a good chance the detent is in place. If the detents are not there, the lever will just return to the neutral position on it's own. The purpose of the detent is to hold the lever in the active position to provide a continuous flow to the ports, so you don't have to hold it there. This would be if you had a backhoe or log splitter attached to the rear remote ports. You would want a lever without a detent if you were using top or tilt for a blade so after you moved the blade to where you wanted it, you could easily return the lever to neutral without fighting with the detent and possibly setting the blade to a different position than what you wanted. If you don't have anything connected to the rear remotes, and the engine is running, don't leave the lever in the 'active' position for more than a second or two.

What he said.. ^ My detents are removed.. I did not want them and the possibility of burning up the pump.. It is all a matter of being carefull. and we each have different applications for our tractors.

James K0UA

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #67  
Oh not in a hurry I've been researching for months its just that I finally got financing approval for both and they are just sitting there looking pretty. I'm ready to get some work done also and see what these things can really do. I have never even sit on a running tractor in my life but I used to be a heavy equipment operator in the military years ago and ran dozers and other heavy equipment. Anyway the tractor is on its way. They are delivering it in a few hours I went with the Kioti I really hope I made the right decision. The only thing that I see that the Kubota has over the Kioti was the HST+. I don't know if that's worth giving up the extra Horse Power, weight, and lift capacity, and 4 year warranty that Kioti offers. I hope I made the right decision. Its weighing on me pretty hard. It would have been the same if I had chosen the Kubota. I am gonna second guess until I get it and get some stuff done and get comfortable with it.

Mike when I was young I had impressed on me that "once you have made your decision don't spend any more of your life reliving it". I'm sure you made your choice with the best information at your disposal, so enjoy your Kioti. As you said, 'now spend your time getting comfortable with it'....... REALLY a 4 yr warranty!! ****, why did I buy a L3540HSTC ? Oh, almost forgot, we're not supposed to look back.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #68  
Mikeinstafford any pics yet? :)